Chapter 13

Felix put away the first aid kit and I saw him enter his closet. He pulled out a black shirt and pants and laid them on his bed  He seemed to prefer dressing in dark colors.

He must've seen me looking because he spoke up, "I hate wearing shirts normally, but I have to for the party."

I had never been to a party before so I didn't know how people usually dressed.

"It's not what you're thinking," he continued. "This won't be the fun kind of party. This is my Dad's excuse to get me to meet his... colleagues. There'll be several other families in our line of work coming, and there'll be lots of boring business talk." He sounded bored just explaining it to me.  "I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday," he said sarcastically.

Truthfully I still didn't understand what the King family actually did to get so much money, but it wasn't my place to ask, and Felix didn't expand further.

"Now, I'm going to take a shower and get ready. Do what you want here, just don't break anything," he said, gesturing to his room. He then turned and headed into his en suite bathroom, locking the door behind him, and not long after I heard the sound of water running.

I looked around. Everything in his room looked expensive, so I decided not to touch anything. I just sat where I was on his bed, feeling the cotton sheets beneath me. It felt so comfortable, much better than anywhere I had ever slept. I could only imagine how expensive these sheets were.

I laid back, relaxed. I wasn't intending to fall asleep, but I was so comfortable it was tempting. I rolled over onto my side and breathed deeply. The smell of clean cotton filled my lungs, along with something else I had never smelled before. I pressed my face closer, it was pleasant scent that made me feel strangely calm and safe.

After a while I realized I was smelling Felix himself. His scent must be on the sheets from where he slept on them. I had no idea an Alpha could smell so nice, I wondered if it was because of my Omega instincts making me feel this way.

I couldn't think about it for too long, as just then the bathroom door opened and out walked Felix, and he wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. I could see water droplets from his shower running down his chest and ab muscles before disappearing into his towel. 

"Hey, my eyes are up here,"  Felix teased me, and I could feel my face turning red in embarrassment as he caught me staring at him.

"S-sorry," I apologized and averted my eyes.

Felix laughed, "I was only teasing, I don't care if you look."

I knew Felix didn't really care that I was looking, with a body like his he had nothing to be embarrassed about. However seeing him shirtless gave me a funny feeling in my stomach. He was so attractive that it he was starting to give me feelings that I've never had for anyone before. It was like butterflies in my tummy whenever I looked at him. I shook my head trying not to think about it for now, as I looked away as he started changing into his clothes.

Once he was finished getting dressed I looked back over to him. His black shirt fit him perfectly, showing off his broad shoulders and narrow waist perfectly.

"Shall head downstairs?" he asked gesturing to the door.

"Okay," I said, standing up off the bed.

We left his bedroom and started walking down the hallway. I had walk fast to keep up with him, his legs were so much longer than mine. Stood next to him only exaggerated the height difference between us, Felix was just as tall as his dad. Maybe even a little taller.