Chapter Six

"Guys?" Tears brimmed Erica's eyes, but she refused refused to let them fall, not wanting them to know how hurt she was. They had known all along. She had never been more hurt in her entire life. "Clint?" Her eyes immediately shot to him. He would tell her the truth, wouldn't he? If he could count on one of them more than the other, it was Clint. Then again, he hadn't said anything in the three years he'd known her.

Clint's eyes flicked to Natasha, questioning, calculating what to do.

"Natasha?" She turned her teary eyes to the redhead.

"It was never our place to say."

Neither said it outright, so she had to get it out in the open. "My mom is an Asgardian?"

Danny was once again leaning against the wall, listening intently to the chaos that was ensuing around them.

"Yes." Clint ignored the glare Natasha was giving him.

"Why didn't anyone tell me? Why didn't she tell me?" Erica cried until realization struck. "That's why I'm unnaturally strong." Her eyes were wide and searching. She was finally finding some answers all because Clint slipped up--nothing really unusual there if she thought about it. "That's why I'm overly intelligent." She looked at Clint and Natasha, ignoring Danny. Another thought came to the forefront of her mind. "Who's my dad? Fury wouldn't have had Dr.Garner give me psych evals if he wasn't worried about something. And I know my mom is as loyal as a golden retriever."

"Uh, Erica?"

Everyone's attention landed on Liam, who was standing in the entrance entrance to the hallway.

Clint was the first to speak, still staring at Liam, "...Shit."

"Damnit, Clint!" Natasha growled silently then pushed him into the kitchen. The teenagers could still hear their hushed conversation. This time it sounded like they were speaking hindi?

"I should"--Liam cleared his throat awkwardly--"Probably get going..."

Danny cocked his head toward the door. "Run along, kid."

"Excuse me?"

Erica wanted nothing more than to spill all of her secrets right then and there if it meant Liam didn't have to leave. At the moment he was the closest person she had to family that hadn't betrayed her. He was the only person she felt she could trust, therefore she desperately needed him.

"I'll ask Nat, if I can fill him in on some things." Erica spoke before it got heated. A change in subject sounded nice about then. "Since when have Clint and Natasha been together? I mean, everyone always thought something was going on there, but how could they have a seventeen year old kid?"

"My birthday isn't until fall. I'm sixteen." Danny responded gruffly.

"How old are they?"

"Age is just a number."

"That's all you're gonna give me?"

He gave her an irritated look but answered her question anyway. "Mom is thirty-four. Dad is only only a year older."

"Wow." That meant Clint and Natasha were seventeen and eighteen when he was born. How many people knew Danny existed? Did any? "Are they married?"

Danny laughed at that, and glanced glanced at Liam, as if debating if the information was for him to hear or not. He must have decided Liam was okay because he kept talking. "More times than I probably know of. In several different countries. I know of seven." He added the last part as Erica opened her mouth to ask it.

The couple came back into the living room. "Liam, we need need you to go."

Erica spoke on his behalf. "I want him to stay."

"Fury will be pissed that we're telling you this, I can't begin to imagine what would happen if we let your boyfriend know too."

"He's not my boyfriend."

"I'm not her boyfriend."

The two protested at the same time.

"He's my best friend, the only person I can count on after today, he's staying." Erica had to admit she was afraid of standing up up to Natasha in situations like these. She was a good person, but even Erica--a newly found out Asgardian--was allowed to be afraid of a woman who could kill someone with their their own pinky.

"People turn on you, Erica. You can't trust anyone. Not even him." She glanced over at the doe-eyed teen, masking her emotions well, but even Erica could sense the bit of remorse in her tone. "What are you still doing here? Out."

"Uh, okay then. Bye Eri."

The four remaining watched as he walked to the door. Erica glared at Nat once once the door clicked shut, "That was a bit harsh."

She didn't even bother acknowledging her. "Neither Fury nor Sif told us who your father was, but we have quite a few ideas. We need pay a visit to Avengers Tower in order to narrow them down."

"Why there?"

Clint took the reins there, "Bruce will run some DNA tests based on your mom and another Asgardian's blood we have."

Like who? Thor? She scoffed internally. Having the god of Thunder as her father would be quite a treat, though highly unlikely. "I guess we should get going then."