6. Yes Sir

"Norm and Trudy are shagging!" Mairi whisper-shouted to Jake, her eyes wide as she let herself into his bunk, basically throwing herself on the bed at his feet, and pulled the privacy curtain back to shut them in together.

His own wide eyes stared back at her. "What?!"

"They're shagging!" she repeated. "Like, proper full on fucking, bro! I saw Norm's arse!"

"Get out of here," he scoffed. Mairi glared at him and then pointed to the slight gap of the curtain.

"Go see for yourself, you fucking freak! Why would I lie about that?"

They'd been in the Hallelujah Mountains for a week. Grace had been right, it was a total breath of fresh air. All of the bunks were in the same room, just spread out a bit, and they had privacy curtains. She and Trudy were sharing a bunk, Jake and Norm the same. Grace had dibs'd her own bed, which is where Mairi had just left to go to her own bunk bed. Her own bed, where she had the unfortunate sight of seeing her two colleagues getting hot and heavy with it, not even bothering to close the fucking curtain.

"I'm not going to do that," Jake replied, moving himself over on the bed so she could squeeze on next to him. She happily did so, tucking herself up next to him with her head on his chest and her leg over his own. He wrapped an arm around her, leaving it loose on her side. The bed was fucking tiny, just a single, but she'd be damned if she slept on Norm's bed. God knows what the freak got up to. That, and if she looked out the curtain once more and saw Norm pumping into Trudy again she might be sick.

She liked Trudy and Norm, she did. But one thing she fucking hated was exhibitionists. Grace was lucky she had her little fucking ear bud things that were completely noise cancelling. Mairi was going to be scarred for fucking life. She didn't care if they were getting it on, she only cared that she'd been able to see it. Lock it up behind closed doors, or in their case, closed curtains. Fucking bastards. They'd been successfully quiet while she'd been in bed with Grace, and she still couldn't hear them, but now she knew what they were doing it was hard not to imagine.

She was all for teasing in public. Enjoyed it, even. But to start shacking up when you're not alone? When you don't know if people are listening? 

Jesus wept, what if they thought she was asleep? What if they thought she was in the bed above them having a nanna nap? She gagged at the thought.

She and Jake hadn't been alone in a week. Not truly, anyway. They'd fooled around a little in their avatar bodies after tea, sneaking out of Hometree before bed, but that had been it. No sex. Just snogging sessions so hot even God turned His back on them. They kept getting fucking interrupted. Tsu'tey and Neytiri seemed to have made it their life mission to become the biggest cockblockers on the planet. She couldn't say that she didn't like the anticipation, though. Would make it all the more sweet when they actually did it.

She wouldn't have minded another make out, to be fair. But truthfully, in that instant, she couldn't keep her fucking eyes open. The link site had its own little gym outside, and she'd been the only one to use it over the past week. Gotta get those gains and all that. Plus, she'd had so much more energy and dirty thoughts that needed to be channelled out somehow. She yawned as she fidgeted to get more comfortable, and Jake brought his hand up to rest on her head, stroking her hair softly.

"Teach me some Na'vi?" he asked, his voice barely a whisper. She brought her hand to her forehead and gestured out to the wall, and then dropped her arm so it was draped over his chest.

"Oel ngati kameie."

"Oel nati kamaie."

"Ngati. Ngati kameie."