Chapter 4

It was early morning when Cahira opened her eyes, being faced with the rising sun. She looked around, not recognizing her surroundings for a second. Before the events the night before dropped on her like a bomb. She'd hugged Seren so tightly, like she was afraid of losing him. Cahira gently shook her head and looked up, being met with his face.

'He doesn't look that bad when he's sleeping," she thought.

Now wasn't the time to examine his face. She gently, and slowly, wriggled herself out of his embrace. That was something she could ask at another time. She brushed her hair away from her face as she walked to the small lake she'd caught glimpse of the day before.

Everything was so peaceful so early in the morning, it made her miss home. The soft bird song from the trees and the soft breeze of the wind. It felt so nice, like the early mornings. If only she wasn't stuck wherever she was.

Cahira shook her head before splashing some water in her face, making her more alert and awake. She then yawned and looked around herself. She had to confess that it was quite beautiful out there, despite the dangers. As she turned the other side, she came face to face with a curious deer. For a second, she just stared at the animal before she felt herself slip into the lake. The deer looked at her, tilting its head.

"No wonder he said it was dangerous, you guys come out of nowhere," she laughed, eyeing the deer.

But a second later, the deer darted away from the scene, and Seren came into sight.

"Is it customary where you are from to bathe with one's clothes on?" he asked.

The redhead slowly turned to look at Seren with an eyebrow raised. She didn't know if he was serious or not, but she decided to just play along with it.

"Oh yeah! Everyone bathe with their clothes on in the nature," she said, even though it was half true.

She got up and got out of the river, looking down at herself. Not only did she get herself soaked, but she also didn't have anything to change into. Which made the idea to blend in more pop into her head.

"What currency do you guys use? I might need some new clothes," she pointed out, walked past him towards the bag that was still laying by the trees.

The fire creatures looked like they were fighting over by the bag, making Cahira frown even more.

"To satisfy your question, Warkinles has none that are official. People barter here with whatever they have. And you will need new clothes. I have a plan for that, and it doesn't require any currency at all," he explained.

Cahira snorted as she listened to him. She picked up the sword, ushering the fire creatures away from it. What kind of plan was he possibly figuring out that didn't need any currency? She turned to comment on it when she stopped. Had she not heard him get into the water? Even with his back to her, she could tell he was decent looking. He even looked... important.

"Ah," she muttered, tearing her eyes away from his back and down at the sword. She switched hands to hold the sword, the previous hand having a soft red mark from where she held it.

Then she heard it. The lullaby that she'd heard the night before, but it came from the woods. She looked at the trees before looking back at Seren. The fire creatures were sitting on one of the branches and looked like they would swoon any second. It made her chuckle softly before she looked back at the woods. Not many knew that lullaby, and the voice was familiar as well. But she also couldn't just leave Seren, or she could, he could finally be on his way. No, she wouldn't leave him yet, but it didn't stop her from investigating.

'He's getting washed up either way. A good way to not be distracted by him,' she thought, shaking her head softly.

But she entered the woods, the sword still in her hand as she stepped lightly, as to not alarm whatever was out there. No matter how far she went, the whispers were still moving. Until it stopped, and so did she.