Chapter 8

She was running. The dark surrounded her. Flashes of scenes taunting her. Memories. Her memories. They were all ranged from when she was still a toddler, up to just a few weeks ago. But what was taunting about them was the shadow in the background of all of them. The eyes glowing, watching.

They'd always been there.

Watching.

Cahira stopped, the ground before her reaching its end. She turned around to look behind her but was met with the same taunting glowing eyes. But it changed. Its entire form changed.

'Seren?'

He seemed to smirk as he reached forward. She took a step backward but was met with nothing. Time seemed to slow down as she felt her footing disappear underneath her.

She jolted, having difficult to breathe as her hands was resting gently against her neck.

It had just been a nightmare.

After she calmed down, she slipped out of the bed, grabbed one of the blankets from her bed, and walked over to a sleeping Seren outside her door. She stopped for a moment; the picture of her own nightmare still fresh in her mind. But she shook her head and gently put it over the man.

Despite knowing the halls were the same as the night before, she couldn't help but feel like they seemed so much bigger with the lights. Just thinking of the night before gave her chills. A maid approached her, a small bow as she held a hand out towards one of the doors. Cahira followed the directions, still trying to blink out the doziness out of her eyes. The table was already set as she sat down.

"Your training starts after breakfast, my lady. Roslyn will be in charge, so I advise you to be prepared," the maid said before scurrying out of the dining room.

Training? Roslyn?

She recalled the brunette that had been the one to bring her there. She thought she'd heard her name being Roslyn. On the other hand, she recalled some of the maids whispering about the warrior.

After finishing her meal, she stepped back out into the hallway. The same maid guided her towards the back of the house, to what seemed like the gardens.

"General, I brought her as you wanted. Now please excuse me, I still got plenty of duties to attend to."

Cahira watched as the only other person in the garden straightened her back and spun around. She was met with a huge smile.

"Finally, now I got to get some of your time for myself," she chimed, clapping her hands together.

"Do people usually train this early?"

"Even earlier, princess. But you're an exception."

She could almost feel her muscles protesting already.

"Just Cahira."

"What?" the brunette asked, picking up one of the swords from the ground.

"I'm just Cahira."

"And I'm Roslyn, now let's get down to business."

She tried her best to follow what Roslyn was doing as well as take in the information that the brunette provided through it all. Every hit hurt less than the one before, like a slap on the wrist. But she pushed through, the events from the night before replaying in the back of her mind. Jason wasn't dead. He never was.

"Don't look so serious, Cahira. You're more distracted than you should be."

With barely any time to turn around, Cahira staggered forward. She didn't fall over but looked over her shoulder at Roslyn. When had she gotten behind her?

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 10, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Of Frost and Flamesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें