Grandpa?

Today is Grandma's day, so I got ready. I went into Sophia's room. " I will tell you how it will go," I said. " See you later," I said, and I left the house and went to the church. I wanted to talk to Grandpa, but I will do it afterwards. So I went in and took my seat and it started with some dancing.

After it finished I went to Grandpa's office. Walking into the room, my heart sunk. Seeing my grandpa with a gun to him , tears welled up in my eyes. Then the man pointed the gun at me. " No! No, " Grandpa shouted." Grandpa," I choked out. " Please don't," Grandpa said. " Blood is on your hands." The man said," Iris, please leave. Go. I beg you, " Grandpa said. I don't want to leave him. What if this man kills him. I don't care about him killing me." Just go," Grandpa said, and I left the room. I was so worried that something terrible could happen, and I couldn't bear the thought of losing my beloved grandpa. I saw Grandma walking and I went up to her" Grandma" I said out of breath" What is it now?" She asked me, sounding kind of annoyed," Grandpa... A man with a gun, " I choked out." Omg, " She said, and she left." What?" I heard Aunt Charity say." What happened?" She asked me." T-There I-is a m-man trying to s-shoot G-Grandpa, " I said, trying my hardest to breathe.

She took me away from the crowd. Into her office and sat me down on her couch, and she sat next to me. She brought me into a hug. " Iris, breath," Aunt Charity said. I was shaking really bad. I tried to breathe. After 5 minutes, I calmed down enough to be able to talk. "I was so scared," I choked out. " It's okay, sweetheart. You and Grandpa are okay, " Aunt Charity said. I looked down on my lap and my shaky hands. 

I heard the door open. " I heard what happened," I heard mom's voice. " H-how is Daddy?" Auntie asked, as mom came in, and kneeled down in front of me." He is okay, " Mom said to Aunt Charity ." Are you okay?" She asked me as she took my hand." I don't know, " I said." Let's get you home. Okay?" Mom said. I nodded. I was still shaking so badly. " Come on," Mom said. She got up and we left the office. Mom then drove us home. " Can you tell me what happened, baby?" Mom asked me. I just shook my head. " No," I whispered.

Once we got home. I went upstairs, and Sophia was there. " Hey, how was it?" Sophia asked. I just shook my head. I went straight to my room, and I closed the door behind me. I just lay on my bed. I took my pillow and screamed into it and just started to sob. 

After some time, I calmed down a little bit . But I still couldn't stop crying. I heard knocking, which made me flinch. " Iri, can I come in?" I heard Sophia say," I-I want to be alone right now, " I said." Okay. I love you sissy" She said. I took a deep breath. I just kept on replaying it in my head. I heard my phone ringing. I looked and saw that it was Jayden. I turned it off. I looked at my hands and saw them still shaking. I looked at my arms and ran my fingers through the white marks. I was so tempted to do it. I put my headphones on and played some music. I looked at my Instagram. I saw that the video already has 10k views. Most of the comments are nice. There were 3 or 4 mean comments, but I remembered what Sophia said.

I put my phone on my nightstand. I took off my ruined makeup, and I lay back on the bed. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, and I was reliving what happened. So I decided not to close my eyes. I heard knocking again. I took off my headphones. " Baby, can I come in? "I heard mom's voice. I didn't say anything. Mom opened the door and then closed it once she came in. She came in and lay down next to me. She pulled me closer to her. Mom started to smoothen my hair with her fingers. I tried to keep my eyes open. " You are tired. baby, " Mom said." Everytime I close my eyes. I see it happening, " I whispered." I am here. You are safe as long as I am around, " Mom said." You can close your eyes, " She said, and then she started to hmm the song that she used to sing me as a baby. I closed my eyes, and I fell asleep straight away. Feeling safe in mom's arms.