Slide Show

I got out of my bed and got ready for the day. Mom texted me that she's going to Arizona today to sort some stuff with A.J. Zora had this long dress on. She looked like a fairy. " Okay, little fairy," I said. " I am going to the church to meet the guy. My father won't stop me, " Zora said." Go and get it, girl, " I said." Thank you, " Zora said, and then she left. I just sat on the couch and started to write some lyrics. I heard my notifications going off

R: Can we meet up? In the park?

I: Sure

I went out to the park. I saw Raven there. " Hey," She said. " Hi, so what's up?" I asked her. I am so scared of being hurt again. By anyone, not just her. " Please, let's take another chance at love." Raven said. We looked at each other with an air of uncertainty." I promise you that I won't hurt you," Raven said. I just shock my head" You don't know that" I said "We can take things slow and I truly wanted to make things work" Raven said "I promise to prove my dedication and commitment, Iris our love is worth it." Raven said. I was still wary, "I-I don't know, " I said." I love you, Iris. You are the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with, " Raven said." Fine, this will be our last chance. If you hurt me ever again, there will be no coming back from that, " I said. Raven nodded.

After some time, I went back to the house. Me and Zora went into the family room. Soon, Grandma and Grandpa came down with some boxes. " What are these?" I asked." Old pictures. We want to look through all of these, " Grandpa said. I grabbed one of the boxes and started looking through some of the pictures, then Auntie Charity came and sat next to me and started to look through with us. Then we heard someone moving upstairs. " Gigi, is that you?" Grandma asked." Yeah, Mama. I'm back." I heard mom say. I looked at Zora, and then we kept on looking through the pictures. I found all of them adorable. " We're in the family room," Grandma said. " Do you remember this?" Grandma asked." We took you to Sears to take your first pictures, and you sat there like a little lady. You didn't cry or anything." Grandma said to Aunt Charity." You sure that was Charity?" Grandma asked. Mom then came in. I saw little tears in her eyes. " What are y'all doing up so late?" Mom asked." Oh, your mother, she broke out the slides." Grandpa said." Can I join?" Mom asked." Yes. That's why I hollered. Come on, " Grandma said." How was Phoenix?" Aunt Charity asked." It was unclear, " Mom said." Ray, I'm giving you trouble again, Gigi?" Grandpa asked." Not exactly, Daddy, " Mom said." Lair," I whispered, but only Zora could hear it. She looked at me. She is such a good lair. It makes me mad. " How about Bob?" Aunt Charity asked." Bob who?" Mom asked." Bob Whitmore, duh, " She said." I didn't see Bob Whitmore. Why would I get to see Bob Whitmore?" Mom said. I just looked at Zora. Then Uncle and Auntie came down.

We then all sat on the couch. I sat down next to Zora. Uncle Jacob started the slide show. " Oh, that's Faith. I'm sorry, Mama, " He said." I didn't realize that was the first slide." He added." No, leave it. Please leave it." Grandma said," Gigi, come sit." Grandma said, and Mom sat in between Grandpa and Grandma." Move to the next slide." Uncle Jacob said." Not yet, son, " Grandma said." It just feels so nice to... to be together, " Grandma said. I just looked at mom. She looked at me. Not really together, Sophia isn't here, A.J. isn't here.

After some time, me and Zora went back to the cabin. " What was that about?" Zora asked." She is lying to everyone just because she can't man up and tell the truth. It makes me so mad, " I said." She acts like she didn't do something horrible, " I said." I know how you feel, " Zora said. No, you don't. I thought but I didn't say it" I will go to bed" I said. I got ready for bed, and then I sat on my bed and wrote to A.J.

I: Hey A.J. This is your half-sister. I hope I can meet you someday. I am sorry for what our mom did to you. I just found out about you and wanted to reach out. I know it's unexpected and sudden, but I'm excited to get to know you. Let me know if you want to chat sometime and if you ever need someone to talk to. I'm here for you.

I sent it to him, then I put my laptop away, and I lay down on the bed and through about stuff. I decided to call Sophia, but it went to voice mail

I: Hey Soph... I miss you even though it's been just a few days. Mom keeps lying about what is going on. It's so hard not to just tell everyone about it. You left me here alone with this secret. I choked out. I don't know how long I can keep going with this secret but please call me back because... I have missed you. I need to talk to you. I love you, Soph.

I then hung up and took a deep breath. I held back my tears. I just curled up in a ball, trying my best to control my emotions.