Twenty-four

⸻⸻

⸻⸻

"Are you curious, Tomura Shigaraki, about that Midoriya kid?" Kurogiri's voice echoed in the dimly lit bar, the words hanging in the tense air. Shigaraki's gaze turned to Kurogiri, his eyes narrowing slightly as he absorbed the question. He opens his mouth, however, is unable to answer as they get interrupted.

"Shigaraki, you all have been the talk of the town for the past few days." Giran's voice cut through the silence as he entered the bar, the sound of the bell signaling his arrival. He took a long drag from his cigarette, the smoke curling around him like a shroud.

"I hear you're starting something big—" Giran began, but before he could finish Shigaraki cuts him off as he crushed the image of Midoriya in his hand, turning it into dust.

"And? Who are they?" Shigaraki's voice was laced with a mix of curiosity and skepticism. The bar door swung open once more, revealing a pair of individuals. Dabi, with his disheveled dark hair and piercing gaze, stepped forward, followed by Toga, whose wild and exuberant energy radiated from her every movement.

"So it's you, huh?" Dabi's teasing tone was met with a scowl from Shigaraki. He wasn't in the mood for games, but Dabi seemed intent on testing his patience. A slight smirk played on his lips as he observed the man. Meanwhile, Toga was practically bouncing with joy.

"I saw a picture of you, but you look gross in person." Dabi added, his words dripping with a twisted sense of amusement. Toga, unable to contain her excitement, chimed in with enthusiasm.

"Wooow, the hand guy!" Toga exclaimed, her hands moving up and down in a cheering motion. "You're friends with the great Stain, right?! Let me join too! The League of Villains!"

"Kurogiri, get rid of these guys." Shigaraki commanded, his voice cutting through the room as he remained seated at the bar. Kurogiri, positioned behind the bar, looked to Shigaraki, with an unreadable expression.

Toga's smile remained unwavering.

"Everything I hate came together in one set. A brat and a rude guy." Shigaraki spat, his disdain evident. Kurogiri attempted to intervene, his voice calm and composed.

"Now, now..." Kurogiri's words tried to quell the rising tension, but Shigaraki's anger simmered beneath the surface.

"They came all this way to visit. Let's at least hear them out, Tomura Shigaraki." Kurogiri reasoned, his gaze shifting to Giran, who leaned against the door, lighting up another cigarette with practiced movements.

"That big shot broker brought them. They're bound to be valuable assets." Kurogiri explained, his voice tinged with a hint of opportunity. Shigaraki's scowl deepened, but the mention of valuable assets caught his attention.