Twenty-six

⸻⸻

⸻⸻

Training was pure hell.

Every fiber of my being screamed in agony as I struggled to push myself beyond my limits. The exhaustion weighed heavy on my shoulders, threatening to crush me. I longed to let out a scream, to release the frustration building inside me, but I knew I had to keep it together. Aizawa's unwavering gaze kept me in check, reminding me that there was no room for showing weakness—nor taking a break. The day started with an early wake-up call to finish the System's daily training quest and in return it gave me no regeneration potion. Nothing.

Once the official training began, the real torture commenced. I had to store a shit ton of rocks. The size and weight of the rocks gradually increased and I had to become faster.

How was I supposed to accomplish this feat? I don't even know!

Aizawa's instructions were simple yet grueling, instructing me to keep portals open and essentially play tennis with them. With rocks. Rocks! Instead of a damn ball, I had to manipulate rocks with precision and control, launching them back and forth between portals. The repetitive motion felt never-ending, each swing of my arm reverberating with fatigue.

My vision blurred from the sweat trickled down my face and as the fatigue settled in, a high-pitched ring began to echo in my ears, drowning out the sounds of the training grounds—the shaking of the ground was still present as students of U.A. trained all around me. Every breath I took seemed to draw in hot, arid air, intensifying the sensation of dehydration. I was drinking my own sweat, pretty much. Despite my body's desperate plea for hydration, I pressed on, driven by a relentless determination to overcome the challenges before me.

Gritting my teeth, to the point where I felt as if they would crack under pressure, I opened a portal beneath a group of rocks. The limit of how many things I could store had been exceeded for a long time now—I regretted not throwing out useless items.

'I need to remember to stop hoarding all of this stuff.'

"Are you slacking, Y/N?!" Tiger's voice snapped me from my thoughts. He was another member of the Wild, Wild Pussycats. Mandalay had also arrived, keeping watch of some other students.

"N-No, sir!" I stuttered out, shaking my head and sent another rock hurtling through the portal, feeling the familiar jolt as it vanished from sight. It felt as if I was being constantly hit in the back, with each rock that passed through.

I had reached a point where fatigue should have overwhelmed me, where my body should have given in to the demands of the relentless training. But to my surprise, I found myself still standing, my legs steady and my determination unyielding. It was as if a reservoir of untapped energy had been unleashed within me, propelling me forward despite the protests of my mind.