T W E N T Y T W O

The ride home was silent, although internally I was screaming. My brain was a jumbled mess and my insides felt like they were on the verge of melting into goo. I was still a little dizzy and my stomach was in knots. I was so nervous. Alex's demeanor was unreadable. I couldn't tell what he was thinking, but every time I looked over at him driving, I noticed how tight his pants had become...

Is this not what you wanted? I asked myself. I thought it was, although I didn't know what to expect anymore. And I couldn't get the way Alex looked at Bailey out of my head. Was I really okay being with somebody who didn't even know what we were?

Alex parked the car in his usual spot and got out, coming around to my side. He swung the door open and sternly said

"Get out."

Without a second thought, I swiped my purse and popped out just in time for him to shut the door behind me. He locked the car with his keys as he led the way up the steps to the apartment. I moved silently behind him, and as quickly as I could. I didn't want to do anything to disappoint him.

Despite his moodiness in the moment, he still opened the door for me and let me in first. The apartment we shared looked clean, yet lived in. It was a little dark, except for a lamp that we had left on in the far corner. I slipped my shoes off and stepped in towards the kitchen island. He followed me in, locking the door behind him and dropping his keys on a small table next to the front door. I watched his shadowy figure move towards me and noticed a fire in his eyes once he was close.

I leaned against the kitchen island, the same spot where he'd had me shirtless before, and peered up at him with wide eyes. He put his hands on the island on both sides of me, locking me in with strong, defined arms. I couldn't get over how good he smelled. Instinctively, i watched as my right hand came up to his chest and clutched the front of his shirt. It pulled down a bit at the front, exposing more of his neck and a bit of his chest.

"What happened?" I asked quietly, blinking back up at him. His brown eyes were dark behind his glasses and his hair fell slightly in front of them. He was unreadable as he searched my eyes, before letting his gaze linger on my lips.

"I'm just..." his voice was husky, frustrated. He brought a hand up to my cheek, leaning in so close towards me, I'm sure he could hear my heart pounding in my chest. I didn't know what he would say, I didn't know what to expect. He rubbed his thumb along my cheek before bringing his mouth to mine.

He was soft at first, moving his mouth slowly over mine. After a moment, the rhythm picked up. His lips were passionate and strong, and mine mimicked their motions. When they parted, I followed suit, the sting of ginger still on his tongue.

Leaning into the kiss, Alex removed his hand from my cheek and slowly dragged it down the curve of my body to my thigh. He pulled my dress up on the side until my thigh and hip were exposed, then ran his hand up and down along them. Pressed up against me, I could feel how into it he was which turned me on even more. I pulled away and turned my head, his lips landing on my neck and moving down to my chest. Between kisses he moaned against my skin,

"I'm just so sick of fucking pretending."

He held my chin, turned me back towards him, and pressed his lips against mine again. Desire and desperation controlled him and I wanted him to take it out on me. The aggressive kiss lasted just a moment before he pulled away and looked at me. I could see the lust in his eyes. He hid how eager he was for permission but I knew it's what he was looking for. I gave a simple nod and he grabbed my forearm, pulling me down the hallway.