Help is near

3 months after

A black eye, a bloody nose and excruciating pain.

On the ground, Emily tried to endure the most she could. Separated from Spencer, she could only hope he would get the children and woman out safe.

*
"Which one of you is the FBI agent?"
His gun held towards them, he threatened to shoot

"Me. It's me" Emily said as she watched him glare at her.

In a swing, he punched her to the ground, beating her as he recited the bible.
*

-

In the cold darkness of the room she was confined in, Emily sent her message to the team. She only wished it had worked. All she needed now, was a sign, a message of some sorts.
Anything to tell her that she was heard. She needed to know when her team would be coming, when to go and help the hostages.

"I can convince the people inside to get out, but I need to know when you'll get here. If you can hear-"

And there it was.
Blinking 3 times, the red dot appeared.

A sigh of relief escaped her mouth

-

As Spencer watched the dynamite sticks being taken out of the boxes, he knew they needed to act, quickly.

"He's planning a mass suicide"

-

"Yes, I'm on my way"

-

Having persuaded the mothers to take their children in the basement and out from the back door, only one child seemed to be against it.

As her team came to help the other hostages, the young girl was furious. Running away to warn her future husband.
"You lied to me!!"

"No!" Emily screamed as the child ran away to go up, escaping her grasps.

As she ran into the corridor to stop her, she stopped by her own two feet.

Eyes forward, she saw an angel
She held the young girl with tears in her arms

It was Dani.

But even if Emily was glad to see her, Dani's presence meant only one thing, somewhere and soon to be ignited, was an explosive.

Time was crucial.

"Go" Dani said gently as she pushed the young girl into Emily's arms.

But Emily couldn't move, she still looked at her like it was a dream.

"GO!" She then screamed
Emily needed to, this was dangerous.

"But-" Emily tried to say.

As they looked at each other for a spare second, Dani told her something unexpected before she left running. She couldn't spare another second, even if it was Emily.

"Nice haircut" she said as she saw Emily's new bangs. She didn't have them when they first met.

Watching, like last time, Emily saw her leave, this time, running into danger.

Emily could've answered as well, complimenting her hair maybe, even if it was the same. But they had no time.

Running away with the girl besides her, Emily bit her tongue as she hoped to run back in after.