vii. dark, twisted games

VII.      VIOLET   !
⋆ ★
dark, twisted games

            Violet couldn't sleep after the campfire. She stayed in her bed, with her purple pajamas on, staring at her wall with no thoughts. A quest, where she had to be relied on for travel. Violet had arrived after the war, she had never needed to go on a quest. Her role at Camp Half-blood wasn't to be a warrior. She didn't have a role. Violet always woke up, did her activities and training, hung out with her friends, and called it a day. Now she had to leave early tomorrow morning to go on a quest to save a goddess — but not just any goddess. The Queen of Olympus.

After the campfire, Violet had stayed afterward to think everything involving the quest through. She watched Piper and Jason talk, where he officially asked her about joining the quest. When Piper left Violet hoped Jason wouldn't see her. The last thing she wanted was to see him. Not that she was angry, she just wanted to be alone after everything. But he had a Violet-Yang-detector chipped in his brain because when Piper left Jason had immediately spotted her. He walked over, sitting next to her on the wooden log.

"Thank you," he said. Jason stared directly at the patchy grass. "I know this probably isn't the most ideal situation. If you want to you can back out, Violet. I can find someone else."

"Any other girl of winter here?" sighed Violet. "I don't mind, really. I just . . . I'm not used to being important like this."

"Like this?" Jason turned to her but she didn't look at him.

"I'm— I used to be a figure skater. Since I was in elementary school. One of the best, I'll admit," Violet smiled while she remembered the times in Korea. "I loved it."

"Do you have pictures?"

"I do, in my cabin," said Violet.

"Well, show me! I wanna see Miss Violet on the ice," Jason smiled. Violet let out a laugh and shook her head.

"If you go into my cabin, you'll be an ice statue. It's colder than the freezing point."

"I'll stand outside," shrugged Jason. Violet scrunched up her nose trying to think. She turned to look at Jason and saw a fake pout on his face. In a way it was almost cute, the way his blue eyes stared at her. She finally agreed, standing up and motioning for Jason to follow her. "So where did you figure skate?"

"Seoul, South Korea," said Violet. "I have lived there my entire life until last year."

"You learned English fast."

"English is studied almost your entire school career there," she explained. "But I wasn't fluent until I got here. My birth name isn't actually Violet, it's Sujin."

"How did you get Violet?"

Violet smiled as she remembered, "Percy and Annabeth gifted me violets on my first birthday here, when I got here a week before. They saw how much I loved them and that's how I got my name."

Most of the campers had already called in for the night while a few others sat outside before curfew. She got to her cabin and noticed Jason looked at the exterior with such interest. Violet never really thought of the blue walls as revolutionary to a guy who could fly in the air but whatever floats his boat. She left the door open as she quickly went inside to get the pictures from her walls and also a few others she had in her nightstand.

"Even standing outside it's cold," Jason shivered when Violet closed the door behind her. She cheekily smiled and handed him the pictures. The first one on top was her waving to the audience, fourteen year-old Sujin with her medium length hair ( the last time she had cut it ) and a beautiful lavender dress with white skates. Unlike the other skaters, she had never worn leggings on the ice. It made her stand out, how her legs and arms weren't covered and yet she didn't have a single goosebump.