chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE.
( DEB ACCEPTANCE )

"DO WE REALLY HAVE TO PHYSICALLY SIT FOR OUR PORTRAITS?" jeremiah asked as he was concocting some sort of hangover cure. "can't she just, like, look at a picture on her phone or something?"

steven stood right behind him, watching what he was doing as laurel sat at the island.

"his voice is hurting me" conrad held his hands over his eyes as he lay on the couch. "then don't listen" rory shrugged as she scrolled on her phone.

"now your voice is hurting me" he groaned, pressing a pillow over his head.

"okay, get out" jere motioned for steven to leave. "what why?" the boy laughed.

laurel sat working on her laptop, still listening to them bicker. "she needs to see you in the flesh in order to capture your essence- while you're still young and full of hope."

both the boys in the kitchen laughed. "dark turn there laur" rory giggled as she leant against the arm of her seat, looking at the small group.

viah and finny were sat outside by the pool talking and laughing while the other where trying to deal with conrad's raging hangover.

"her words." the older woman shrugged with a smile. jeremiah continued making whatever it was, laughing at laurel.

"well, conrad does not have hope, actually. he's hopeless, but my hangover smoothie ... it cures all." the blue eyed boy said confidently.

conrad sighed, holding his head, "can you please just hurry up?"

rory snickered under her breath at how hung over the boy actually was. she wondered if he had forgotten last night and the stuff he said to her.

"just go back to bed alright? rory take him to bed." jeremiah told her. "watch what you're telling my little sister, fisher." finny walked in with viah, only hearing the end of his sentence.

steven edged closer to jeremiah once again, the boy giving up. "alright seriously, steven, get out."

"oh come on" steven huffed. "this is a delicate science, and your heavy breathing is gonna break the yolk." he held the spatula towards steven's chest, ushering him away. "okayyy okay."

"jere you're making a smoothie, not a rocket ship." rory gave her brother, viah and conrad a confused look. "excuse me, rory. but for this to work it has to be perfectly balanced." he spoke like he knew what he was talking about.