chapter twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE.
( FOURTH OF JULY )

"SHE'S HOT." both jeremiah and finny said as they looked through the glass in the door. patrick, naomi and scott were in the kitchen while belly, steven, jeremiah, conrad and rory were stood at the door.

"dude" steven turned to them. "what?" jeremiah asked defensively. "we're just saying what everyone else is thinking." finny shrugged.

"i wasn't thinking that." belly told them as she looked out of the window. "yo that could be their future step mom." conrad hid his smirk knowing it would piss steven off.

"no shit sherlock." rory peeked through the window. "dude, what the hell!" steven nudged him. "don't push me" conrad turned around, play fighting with steven.

"hey! hey! they're coming!" jeremiah started running with finny, conrad and rory while belly and steven situated themselves at the front door.

"shit" finny whisper yelled as he tripped over laurel's handbag by the stairs. rory began laughing at him, almost falling to the floor. "fuck me" jeremiah quietly laughed as he helped the blonde boy up and they made it into the kitchen.

"sit down" conrad chuckled as he dragged rory to one of the seats next to the table and sat her down while she continued laughing and pointing at finn.

finny pushed her face away, "shut up bitch."

"what are you even laughing at?" scott snickered at his two siblings. "f-finn, he- he fell" she burst out laughing again. "what have you done to her?" naomi giggled.

"i haven't seen her laugh like that in a while." patrick smiled. rory, being the youngest, was still struggling deep down with processing their moms death. it hurt her, but she didn't show it. it was just over a year ago now.

rory finally managed to pull herself together, taking the glass of water jeremiah offered her.

the conklins, susannah and an unknown woman, who was victoria, walked into the kitchen. "patrick, man. how you doing?" john walked over to the older man.

"good to finally have another dad around, the moms are fun but can't watch soccer with them can i?" patrick chuckled and hugged him.

"she's not a bitch." belly whispered to rory. "i told you"

everyone greeted victoria. it turned out she was actually a really nice and interesting woman. a bit young for john though.

the fourth of july party began, shayla, gigi and nicole showing up and everyone spreading out and talking. john, laurel, victoria, steven and shayla began talking. jeremiah, scott and naomi sat talking to victoria about whatever artists they were into.