Cherished Moments

"Leo! What are you thinking?" Raph yelled.
"Look it's not as bad as you think." Leo argued.
"Leo, you brought a stranger into our home, how isn't that bad?" Donnie replied.
"Yeah dude! What if he steals our pizza" Mikey whimpered, protectively holding his pizza boxes close to his chest.
"Guys please trust me on this. He's the reason I managed to escape Shredder. He saved my life." Leo bargained, trying his hardest to get through to his brothers.
"What is happening here." Splinter said as he left the Dojo and encountered his sons having an argument.
"Sensei, Leo brought a stranger into the Lair. What if he's working for the Krang or even Shredder." Raph reasoned.
"Well, Leonardo?"
"Sensei, I promise you this guy isn't bad. The reason I'm able to even stand here now is because of him. Shredder would have killed me otherwise." Leo pleaded.
Splinter stared at Leonardo for a good minute, stroking his beard. He was always confident in his ability to detect a lie and this time around he couldn't see it. Leo was telling the truth.

"He can stay." Sensei added
"WHAT!" Raph,Donnie and Mikey all yelled. Leo just smiled.
"Look at him. He's clearly injured. He's not even conscious. It would be quite rude to turn him away in such a state. Therefore, he can stay until he recovers." Splinter says as he makes his way back to the Dojo. So Leo picks Damian up and carries him to his room all while his three brothers just watch his back before returning to whatever they were doing.

3 hours after Leo had brought Damian to the lair, he went to check up on the unconscious boy. Truthfully, he wasn't sure what to tell Donnie about how he got in that state. He just told them that Shredder knocked him out so Damian was given minimal medicine. Regardless, Leo couldn't stop himself from checking up on him every now and then.

The turtle entered his room to the sight of the boy still out cold. He moved closer to the sleeping figure and examined his features. The way strands of loose hair fell over the front of his face, the way his freckles seemed to glitter in the light, the way his lips were just a crack open as if inviting something in. Without realizing it, Leo found himself moving closer and closer to Damian until their faces were inches apart. When he came out of his thoughts, his face flushed tomato red.

He liked Damian, didn't he? That would explain the thoughts, the feeling of loneliness when they're apart, the desire to spend as much time as possible when they are together. Oh boy. Afraid of what he might do next, Leo left the room in search of someone to give him advice...

And as unbelievable as it may sound, Leo found himself talking to Donatello.
"Hey Donnie? I wanna ask you something."
"Sure Leo what is it?"
"When you first figured out you liked April, How'd you feel?"
Donnie's face turned a slight shade of red before answering.
"Well it makes me happy to be around her. I always want to do stuff with her. It all really revolves around the tingly feeling I get whenever I'm with her."
"I see."
"What's on your mind, Leo?" Donnie asked, turning away from his work bench
"I was just wondering when it'd be my turn to fall in love." Leo chuckled. He didn't want to lie but he had to. He wasn't sure if he'd be accepted.
"Don't worry Leo. I'm sure the one is out there for you." Donnie placed his hand on Leo's shoulder, giving it a firm squeeze. All Leo hoped for was that the one for him was the person laying unconscious in his bed...

A complete day later, Damian stirred awake in Leo's bed. His eyes flickered open and the vision of a Space Heroes poster was the first thing he saw. His heart filled with warmth as he instantly figured out who's room he was in. He sat up in the bed and moved the strands of hair that were falling infront of his face. Coincidentally, as he sat up in the bed, Leonardo had entered the room.

Leo stopped in his tracks at the sight of Damian, awake and conscious. Leo couldn't remove his gaze from the boy. It took a little longer for Damian to finally notice that Leo was at the door but when he saw the turtle, he couldn't hold back a smile.
"Hey there, Blue. Cat got your tongue?" Damian teased at Leo's obvious loss for words. Without even thinking, Leo entered the room and lunged and Damian, wrapping him into a tight hug ."Please don't scare me like that again. I was so worried..." Leo said, his words muffled because his face was buried in Damian's neck.
Damian patted Leo's shell in reassurance.
"I promise. But hey at least we're both alive." Damian added. Leo pulled away from the hug and gave Damian a light punch on the shoulder.
"Come get something to eat, you must be starving." Leo said, ushering Damian to the door.