Standing In The Light Of Your Halo

LAST CHAPTER, EEEK.

BTW, LOUIS'S MARK BEHIND THE EAR ABOVE/TO THE SIDE. ANYWEYLANDS...

ENJOY.

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

Aerent sighed, taking a book down from the stack and opening it up. She flipped through the pages, not even minding the amount of dust coming off of it. Then she spun the book and slid it towards me, her hot pink fingernail pointed at a painting of a woman in the early 1400's. "Her name is Veronica Yvonne Frenetta. She was known as a witch in her earlier years. Accused of summoning supernatural beings to use them to take revenge on those who mocked her words. When people began finding out what she was doing, they wanted to execute her. Before they could, though, she used black magic to make herself immortal. The town hung her for witchcraft, but the next morning when they went to burn her, her body was gone. She stayed hidden for a hundred years. Then she began again, but she used her summoning as an act of sacrifice to condemn her human form to the Gods. It's said she was sent to Purgatory for illegally entering the Holy Grounds, but she escaped. Been off the radar for years. And now, she's back."

"How do you know it's her, though?" I asked, taking a closer examination of the lady in the book.

"She's the only one who's strong enough to interfere between dimensions. She was the one who went into your dreams and manipulated you, using me, to try and summon another one of her stupid ghosts."

"You mean, all this shit is real? Demons, ghosts, spirits, witches? It all exists."

"And--"

"Yes," Aerent cut Leo off, he rolled his eyes. "It is all real. I'm surprised how well you're taking this."

"Well, considering you knew where I went in my dream when you said you were asleep with Luke kinda dulled out all the alarms in my head."

"Well, you should get those checked out because next time she comes after you, you're going to need to run."

"She's coming back?"

"Now that she knows you are strong enough to withstand a summoning, yes. That witch will stop at nothing to get what she wants."

"Wait, wait, wait," I held my hand up and she raised her eyebrows, her full attention on me. "Do mermaids exist, too?"

"Don't be stupid, Louis."

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

"Ow, no! Not there, fuck, that hurt."

"Oops."

"Oops?! You fucking troll, oops?! You burned me and all I get as sympathy is a pathetic oops?!"

"Calm down, Mermaid. Geesh. It's not even real fire."

"Shut up, Leonardo. What the fuck are you, anyway. Fucking gay-ass glowing finger. I've got a phone. You want to call home? See if the antenna's large enough?"

"Will you two quit?" Aerent sighed from across the table. "Leo, please be careful, he's human. He's different than you are."

"How about you try finding the fucking mark, Aerent? Mermaid, over here, is moving around too much and I'm getting impatient."

She sighed and placed the book on the table, got up, and walked to the both of us who were standing on some type of platform. "Let me see," she pushed Leo away who huffed and crossed his arms. "You said you touched the tree, right? With which hand?"