F I V E

You wake up to someone shaking your shoulder and swat them away with a groan. "Y/N, you're gonna be late for class..." Namjoon's soft voice disrupts your slumber. 

You whine sleepily, shaking your head and snuggling further into your arms. You'd fallen asleep on your desk the night before, apparently, you were too tired to make it to your bed. You're shaken again, which pulls another sleepy whine from you. "C'mon, Y/N. We don't have time for this..." Namjoon sighs.

You groggily open your eyes, the soft morning light filtering in through your window. As you start to wake up, you become more aware of your surroundings and the fact that you're still at your desk, surrounded by your notes and half-written articles. You blink a few times, trying to focus on Namjoon's concerned expression.

"Namjoon?" you mumble, rubbing your eyes. "What time is it?"

He checks his watch and raises an eyebrow. "It's almost time for your first class."

Panic shoots through you as you sit up abruptly, suddenly much more awake. "Oh no, I can't believe I overslept!"

Namjoon chuckles softly, a reassuring smile on his face. "Don't worry too much. It happens to the best of us."

You quickly gather your scattered papers and books, your mind racing as you try to organize your thoughts. Namjoon helps you put things in order, his presence calming your frazzled nerves.

"Thanks, Namjoon," you say, finally standing up and stretching.

"No problem," he replies. "Just make sure to grab some breakfast on the way."

You nod, already heading towards the door. "I will. And thank you for waking me up."

As you rush to get ready, you find yourself glancing at Namjoon.

He tilts his head at you, grabbing his jacket. "Is something wrong?"

You bite your lip, this is the perfect opportunity. "Well, you major in literature, right?" You ask suddenly, putting your hands behind your back and rocking on your toes.

He nods. "Yes...?"

"Well, maybe you could take me to class? I mean, we're in the same building and it would just save money on--"

Suddenly, he was close to you. His breath fanned over your face and you could smell the toothpaste from him brushing his teeth. "If you wanted to be in alone with me all you had to do was ask, gorgeous." He says, his voice low and husky.

You squeak, stunned into silence. "I... No that... Ehrm..." 

Your cheeks turn a shade redder than a tomato as Namjoon's sudden proximity catches you off guard. His playful remark and the way he's looking at you make your heart race, and you find yourself momentarily lost for words.

"I-I... that's not what I meant!" you stammer, flustered by his teasing and your embarrassed reaction. You glance away, trying to regain your composure.

Namjoon chuckles softly, his expression amused. "Relax, I'm just messing with you."

You take a deep breath, attempting to steady yourself. "Right, sorry. It's just... I didn't mean to imply anything like that."

He grins, his dimples making an appearance. "I know, I know. I'm just teasing." He takes a step back, giving you some space. "But if you want, I can take you to class. No ulterior motives, I promise."

You let out a nervous laugh, feeling a mixture of relief and lingering embarrassment. "Thank you, Namjoon. I'd appreciate the company."

As the two of you head out of your room and down the hallway, you remain silent. The initial awkwardness seems to have subsided, but you can't seem to calm your racing heart. It seems proving Namjoon to be more than a playboy might be pretty difficult.