TWENTY EIGHT

(CHAPTER 28 - THE TOWER)

🦢🗡

Somewhere in the woods, the twins, Nadia, Athena and Captain Hook walked together, passing a holly berry bush, which the pirate shook with the use of his hook, "You'll look for any excuse to use that thing, won't you?" Emma questioned.

"At least we know we're in the right place," Captain Hook said.

They had all stopped walking and turned toward each other, "What now?" Nadia asked.

"Now, we start searching," Elias said and the five of them continued on their journey.

"You know something, Swans? Whenever either of you are around, I inevitably find myself trekking through some manner of woods or forest, courting danger," Captain Hook glanced at the twin's aunt, "Must run in the family," He said.

"Here I thought you weren't afraid of anything, always looking for the next adventure," Elias said.

"Oh, is that, what this is?" Captain Hook questioned.

"Isn't it?" Athena stopped and turned to Nadia and the pirate, making the twins stop as well, "What the hell were you two doing the last year on that ship?" she gestured to Captain Hook, "You obviously weren't taking care of your son, so I'm guessing it was one swashbuckling tale after another. So, what did you do, until you both decided to go back and save the twins," She said.

"That was the plan, to save the twins," Nadia said.

"Exactly," Captain Hook said in agreement.

"You're lying," The twins said in unison.

"What/Excuse me?" Nadia and Captain Hook questioned.

"What happened back there? What aren't either of you telling us?" Elias asked.

"Nothing," Nadia told them.

"Exactly. It's our tale, we're sticking to it," Captain Hook added.

"Still don't believe you," Emma said, looking at Nadia.

"That's for sure," Athena agreed.

"Well, let's leave it at that and you can just say thank you," Nadia said.

"For our memories? We already did," Emma said.

Captain Hook looked at the eldest twin, "No, from saving you from a loveless marriage."

"Marriage?" Athena questioned, turning to her nephew.

"You think that's what you were doing?" Elias asked.

"She was a flying monkey," Captain Hook said.

"I didn't know that," Elias said.

"Were you really considering it? Marriage?" Athena asked.