𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

- ★ 𝐄𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐦 ★ -

There is something calming about storms, the feeling of being the only steady being while your entire surrounding goes off in chaos.

When I was a child, I used to spent the storms in my older brothers room because he had the biggest windows.

Kaiser was much older than me, almost twenty years. He wasn't home often, spent most of his time out of the country.

I wanted to follow him, my oldest brother, the person I admired. But this wasn't how our family worked, I didn't love my brothers, I respect them.

I used to have a tighter bond to Micah... until he left me, for over ten years.
Our mother died a year after he left, leaving me alone.

Thrown into a cage of flesh thirsting men my father kept around.

It formed me.

„They should be here any minute," Emil informed me. My second oldest brother was my right hand, he did the talking for me.
I trusted him the most from all of them.

Kaiser would only ever safe himself.
Valentine and Victor were one of the same coin, it was them against the world, which we all expected because they were twins.
Hadrien, he would be the first to slide my throat if it wasn't for me being his sister.
He wanted my place but he was bloodthirsty, didn't think before he acted.
And then there was my brother Micah, he was the only one I shared the exact same blood with.
He'd care a shit about me.

„Did Victor call?" I ask, my gaze not leaving the ocean that was crashing wildly against the rocks were the sea hit land.

„Yes, he got the girl."
I knew they wouldn't let her come here.
They were clever but stupid all in one breath.
My brother knew how to get into buildings without notice.

„Good, welcome our guests and make sure the guest rooms are all set. We don't want them to drown in that storm, don't we?" I slowly turn my head towards my older brother who nod.
„You invite them to stay?"
„Are you questioning me?"
„I do."
„So typical of you Emil. That's why you're my favorite." I look at him and see him smile softly.
„Great thing you're my favorite too."

I watch their family step off the ship.
„would you not invite them to stay?"
I ask him, I won't change my mind but hearing my brother's thoughts never hurt anyone.

„Those men would kill for Athos Fane, and certainly will their women. One of them has daggers wrapped around her thighs."
I nod, „Nikova Mori is an admiring woman, but she's no threat to us. None of them is because we have something they want."
„and they have Micah, he knows all about us."
I felt my blood boiling. „Micah is a coward and he's no part of this family anymore. All he knows about us is over ten years history. I was a naive child when he last saw me."

The hatred I felt towards my brother was beyond explainable.

„Even if he went to blackchurch, he could have returned to his family, but he decided for love. Pathetic," I mumbled under my breath as the doors opened and we walked to the dining table.

My place was at the end of the table, my brothers sat beside me while Michael Fanes was at the other end.
He's their leader.