𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

• ☆ 𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬 ☆ •
Ten-years-old

I love watching everyone move, humans in general.
How they lived fascinated me since forever.

But when I first met my family, I adored watching them dancing with another, eating, laughing and even fighting.
It made them real to me.

My biological Mom never talked to me, when she was home, she used to sit on our table and stare at the wall while she drunk.
She never looked alive.

Sitting on the stairs, having my feet dangle from underneath the railing, I grabbed onto it and looked through the old wooden bars.

It was fire night.
Our Christmas.

We usually invite half of the city for treasure hunting, but this year, this year it was only my parents and my aunts and uncles.

And my baby cousins...
They were no fun because they are too young for me to play with them.

Mads is three and... he just exists. He's a weird little boy. Then there are uncle Damon's sons Ivar is also three but he bites. That boy is so aggressive for no reason, while Gunnar is just annoyingly screaming from hour to hour.

I like auntie Emmy's daughter Indie through.
She's only eleven months but she sits still when I dress her up. But she spits... it's disgusting and she ruins our tea parties.

I watch as all of my aunties laugh on the sofa. Auntie Nik, Winter and Emmy all have little bumps where their bellies are.
More babies for the family.

Yay, more spit on my dresses and crying while I'm trying to sleep.

Only my Mom sat there with her flat stomach.
I guess I was more than enough for them.
While everyone was making babies, my family stayed the same.

I loved it.
Only me, Mom and Dad.
There was no one else who could take their attention away from me.

Someone pulled lightly on my foot and I looked down, seeing my Dad smile up at me.
„You wanna come down, shark?"
I giggled at the nickname.
He gave it to me because I bit him in the hand when we first met.

„I like the view from up here," I say and look over everything. My father was a tall man but even I sat higher than him.
Our house was big because it used to be a cathedral.

„Really? You're gonna miss the cookies Mom made then..." he shrugged and walked away but I pulled my legs out from under the railing and ran down the stairs.
„Wait!"

Before I could run past him, he picked me up and chuckled. „I knew the cookies would get you."
„Don't use cookies for attention, that's against the rules!" I wiggled around but his arm held me too tight.

„What rules?"
„Our rules!"

He threw me over his shoulder and carried me to the library where I could see my uncles from upside down.

„Found my child," Dad announced and let me down on the floor, where I sat besides Mister aggression problems and Miss spit.

„Why am I sitting between babies?"
I ask and look around.

„Because we took our children to give their mothers at least half an hour of freedom before dinner," dad explained and sat down on the couch next to uncle Kai who had Mads sitting on his legs.