2. Jealousy?

The summer break had come to an end and it was time to go back for yet another year at Hogwarts. It had been about a week since the attack at the quidditch world cup and Harry was relieved that he was now on his way to his home. They were all currently at platform 9¾ saying goodbye to Mr and Mrs Weasley. Harry and Hermione were thanking them for the time they got to spend with them at the cup as well as the Burrow. 

They made their way onto the train and found an empty compartment to sit in. Harry sat down at the seat closest to the window and so did Hermione but opposite him, she took out a newspaper and started reading it. Ron sat on the same side as Hermione but on the other far end and leaned against the back while reading a book. After a while the trolley came and Ron flew up from his seat and bought some Drooble's and when Harry was about to buy something there came a group of girls from another compartment.

"Two pumpkin pasties please." Said the girl in the front. He recognised her from the quidditch pitch, her name was Cho Chang and she was very pretty. He smiled politely at her and then she went back. Harry even forgot what he was gonna buy so he just sat back down in the compartment without having bought anything. Hermione, who was still reading the paper, had come across the page of the night of the the attack. They started discussing it and she told Harry that he should tell Sirius about what he saw at the cup and about the dream he had the same morning. Knowing she wouldn't back down he obliged and wrote his godfather a letter.

As they arrived to Hogwarts they made their way to the great hall to watch the first years get sorted and enjoy the feast but that wasn't the only thing they did. As Dumbledore was holding his speech, he explained that this year Hogwarts would be hosting the Triwizard tournament, just then he welcomed in the Beauxbatons and then the Durmstrangs. Everyone was fascinated by their entrances, especially when the Durmstrangs entered with the Bulgarian quidditch seeker, Viktor Krum. Ron couldn't believe his eyes when his favorite player entered the hall, he seemed sort of starstruck but he wasn't the only one, it looked as though Hermione had her eye on the Bulgarian as well. Just as Dumbledore was explaining the rules everyones attention turned to someone entering the hall from the teacher entrance. He shook hands with the headmaster but recived some distinguished looks from the other adults and teachers there. Hermione soon explained that it was Alastor "Mad-eye" Moody, an auror who has captured loads of dark wizards.

It revealed that the next day, the trio would have professor Moody as their Defense against the dark arts teacher. He started the lesson of with the three unforgivable curses, The Imperius, The Cruciatus and lastly the killing curse. To everyones surprise he showed them to the class instead of explaining them, but after the Cruciatus curse, Hermione had enough because no one seemed to enjoy it, especially not Neville.

For the rest of the day loads of people from the different schools were putting their names in the goblet of fire to compete in the tournament. Fred and George desperately wanted to be in it, they would do anything to get their names in. They came running and said that they had done it, holding up a vile with what everyone assumed was a potion. Of course Hermione spoke up,

"It's not going to work." She said in a sort of singing voice. Harry turned to looked at her. He knew she was going to say something clever like she always does, most people think it's annoying and that she's a "know-it-all", but Harry kind of loves that about her. 

The twins looked at her questioningly, waiting for her to explain. She pointed down to the ground on the blue ring that was around the goblet, "See this? This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself, so something as dimwitted like an aging potion isn't going to work." The others around them just scoffed, annoyed with her always having to be right, but Harry just kept looking at her and smiling proudly to have such a great best friend.