7. The Egg

"We still haven't talked about what happened at the ball." Hermione said as she leaned against the railing of the bridge.

"There's nothing to talk about, Mione. You saw it yourself."

"I'm not sure what I saw, Harry. But I knew you were hurt."

"I'm fine, can we just talk about something else, please?"

"Alright. The second task." She said sternly and Harry sighed.

"I guess Victor has already figured it out."

"I wouldn't know. We don't really talk much. He mostly watches me study plus he's more of a physical being."

"Did not need to know that."

"Harry! Not like that. But please tell me you are trying to figure out the clue."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Just that it was rather lucky that you got out alive with the dragon. Luck might not be enough this time. I'm just scared, okay? I'm scared for you." Harry looked at her and gave her a quick smile.

They continued to stare out at the grounds of Hogwarts in complete silence. Harry continuously glanced over at Hermione without her noticing. He took more notice of her than usual. How her hair blows in the wind, how she smiles to herself and the glister in her eyes. Harry found himself staring at her, and she almost realized when she turned around because someone was calling Harry's name.

"Hey Potter!" Cedric yelled while jogging toward them. Hermione decided to let them talk and waved goodbye to Harry and walked back to the castle.

"Cedric."

"How- how are you?" He asked in a sort of concerned voice.

"Spectacular?" Harry replied shortly.

"I realized I never got to thank you for warning me about the dragons." Cedric explained.

"It's fine, I'm sure you would've done the same for me." Harry said, then started to walk away.

"Exactly." Cedric exclaimed and stopped Harry. "You know the prefect bathroom on the fifth floor? It's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water." Cedric started walking away while Harry thought he was out of his mind, but soon understood what he meant. 

"Oh! And thank you for taking Cho to the ball."

"No problem, and thank you!" He began jogging toward the same way that Hermione left. They had only talked for about 2 minutes so she can't have gotten far. Finally he saw her by the grand entrance. Without thinking he grabbed her arm and pulled her after him.

"Harry!" She shrieked as she was being dragged. "Where are we going?"

"Prefect bathroom. Fifth floor."

"What? Harry, what did Cedric say?"

"No time to explain, Hermione. Come on!"

After almost 5 minutes of running up the stairs and through several corridors, they had reached the bathroom. Harry threw the door open and pulled Hermione inside and locking it behind them, making sure no one could get in.

Hermione looked at him with her eyes wide open, waiting for some sort of explination as he was turning on the water and filling up the small pool.

"Do you have the egg?"

"Yes, it's right here in my bag." She said and took it out and gave it to him. "Harry, what is going on?"

"Great. Now take off your clothes."