Chapter 14

Just a short update to you guys
I have another book called
Muichiro x reader ~ Dear messenger
Its has 3 chapters
Its a short one, because its just Muichiro's POV
But there will be a second book, its gonna be Y/n's POV

Koi no yokan

Y/n POV

After everything that happened today, exhaustion settled over me like a heavy blanket. I couldn't shake off the lingering thoughts of Muichiro's three love letters, especially the third one where he mustered up the courage to ask me to be his girlfriend.

But here I am, just fourteen years old, and I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't get into a relationship until I turn eighteen. I want to enjoy my pre-teenage life, like any other kid my age would.

There's also the fact that Muichiro and I have a two-year age gap. I can't help but feel conflicted about it. Should it even matter?

If my mom finds out that someone is interested in courting me, she'll surely tighten the reins on me. No more phones, no freedom to go out and have fun. The thought of it makes me cringe.

Now, I find myself lying in my room, sprawled on my bed, blushing uncontrollably. Muichiro occupies every corner of my mind, and it's driving me mad!

"I don't like him! Of course I don't! Love at first sight isn't real!" I reassure myself, clutching my pillow tightly to my chest.

Suddenly, my phone vibrates, snapping me out of my thoughts. Could it be Muichiro? My cheeks flush an even deeper shade of red as I eagerly reach for my phone.

To my disappointment, it's just a message from Origami. I can't help but feel a pang of embarrassment.

"Hi Y/n, I heard Muichiro-kun was courting you?" is all her message reads.

Should I lie or tell her the truth?

"Hey Origami, yes, Muichiro-kun wants to court me!" I type out, my hands trembling as I press send. I hope she doesn't mind the nickname I've given her.

"So you said yes?" Origami's reply comes in shockingly quick.

"Not yet! I'm still figuring out how I feel about him," I respond honestly.

"Love at first sight?" Origami types, echoing my own thoughts.

"No, I don't believe in love at first sight, Origami-chan!" I reply firmly, trying to convince myself as well.

"If it's not love at first sight, then it might be Koi no yokan!" she tells me.

What in the world does she mean? It's the first time I've heard of it.

"What do you mean?" I type, genuinely curious.

"I mean Koi no yokan, a premonition of love!" Origami clarifies.

Can she explain it further so I can truly understand?

"It's just a feeling you get when you meet someone for the first time, and you have an immediate intuition that you will eventually fall in love with that person. Maybe you don't love them right away, but it's inevitable that you will!" Her response appears on the screen after a minute.

This concept is entirely new to me, and I find myself sitting up, hugging the pillow tightly.

"I don't like him," I whisper to myself, absently playing with my hair.

I then shift onto my stomach, still clinging onto the pillow. "I don't!" I insist, feeling a bead of sweat trickle down my forehead.

Finally, I bury my face into the pillow, hoping to drown out the whirlwind of emotions brewing inside me.

"I don't like him!" I repeat, this time barely audible.

Once again, my phone vibrates, snapping me back to reality. Oh no, I forgot to reply to Origami's message.

I pick up my phone, my heart racing as I see the new message. However, it isn't from Origami.

It's him.

"Oh crap," I mutter under my breath, realizing that things are about to get even more complicated.