ϟ Flinched? ϟ (kaminari x abused reader)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝐓𝐖: 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞 (𝐨𝐛𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲)

it wasn't like you and your boyfriend to fight, normally you were both very laid back in the relationship. but recently denki had been asking to meet your parents and you had been denying over and over.

why? because they were abusive, both physically and verbally. all your life you were hurt, neglected, but you were to afraid to reach out for help. when you moved into the dorms, the abuse still didn't stop, with them still texting you and when you would return home they would again hurt you. so, when you were 18 you cut off all communication with your parents and you and denki got a place together, but you never told him about your past.

"we've been together 5 YEARS y/n! you've met my folks, why don't you want me to meet yours? is it cause you don't wanna be together or what?" denki expressed frustratingly, you were both standing in the kitchen. a calm discussion had somehow spiralled into a heated 'argument'.

"i know babe, but y-you can't, not yet. i'm sorry." you repeated, trying to close the topic.

"WHY NOT? how can we ever continue this relationship if you treat it like nothing?!" the blonde began raising his voice, which he had never done with you before, it caught you off guard. 

"denki that's not true and you know it's not! let's talk about it later, i need fresh air.." your voice began to get shaky as you tried to walk past your angry boyfriend but he grabbed your wrist and held it tightly, giving you an unpleasant flashback.

"no, we're talking about this now. have you realised i haven't met a SINGLE MEMBER FROM YOUR FAMILY? ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME OR SOMETHING?!" he yelled, both fury and hurt lacing his tone.

"NO! COURSE I'M NOT DENKI!" you screamed back, pulling your wrist back and slowly stepping backwards.

"THEN WHAT'S YOUR FUCKING PROB-" as denki shouted, he was stepping towards you and threw his hands up in frustration, causing you to flinch and hold your hands above your head, looking away with your eyes squeezed shut. he paused.

"y-y/n.. what.. why'd you react like that?" his voice was now soft and hurt, thinking it was his fault you were scared of him. "what happened?"

your eyes were wide and all you wanted to do was run, to be alone like you had always been. "c-can we please talk about this l-later-" tears threatened to fall from your eyes as you avoided eye contact with your concerned partner.

"baby, i won't yell like that again okay? just.. come here, please." denki pleaded gently, stepping forward carefully and pulling you into his embrace tightly. you stayed still, tears running down your cheeks but your expression stayed the same.

"tell me, who hurt you." denki whispered sternly.

"no one-" you lied, but he stopped you.

"don't lie, babe. i need to know." you had never heard your boyfriend so serious, it scared you more than him shouting.

"p-promise you won't shout again?" you choked, wiping your eyes with your wrists. denki pulled back but stayed close to you, looking into your eyes with worry and seriousness plastered on his face. he nodded. 

"promise. now spill it."

"m-my parents were abusive, physically and verbally. all my life. they'd hurt me.. and say t-terrible things to me. i've never told anyone, i just wanted to forget about them. but then y-you started bringing it up and i.. i didn't want to make it anyone else's problem so i didn't tell you. i'm sorry.." you burst into tears as you apologised, denki immediately hugged you again and you buried. your face into his chest.

"oh my god sparks.. you have nothing to apologise for, okay? damnit, i'm such an idiot. instead of talking with you, i yelled at you.." his eyes filled with his own tears at the feeling of guilt. "i'm sorry i didn't make you feel like you could tell me. i'm sorry for shouting, i'm sorry for not being a good enough boyfriend to listen to you.."

you heard his sniffles and looked up to see him looking down at you with teary eyes. you frowned. you hated seeing your boyfriend upset, and you felt like it was all your fault.

"i'm sorry for not telling you.." you croaked, resting your head on denki's chest as you could feel his heartbeat. 

"don't apologise to me, ever. you need to know that none of this was your fault, y'understand?" he cupped your face, you nodded. "good." he said, wiping your tears with his thumbs. 

"promise you won't yell at me like that again, denki. it seriously scared me." you pleaded quietly, he held you closer, kissing the top of your head.

"course, sparks." he frowned, the fact you had been scared by him made his heart ache. "i'm sorry, we can do whatever you want. i'll do whatever it takes to make you happy, baby." denki declared, you pulled away slightly.

"anything?" you repeated, lifting an eyebrow.

"anything." he confirmed, smiling comfortingly at you.

"let's watch all my favourite movies." you grinned cheekily.

"anything for you." denki replied, pecking your lips before you dragged him to the couch, ranting about which movies you wanted to watch. 

in all honesty, he was just happy to see his precious sparks back. and he never wanted to see you hurt again. if anyone were to even try to harm you, well let's just say.. kaminari would know how to deal with them.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷