★I love you ★ (Hawks x reader)

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Context: keigo takami is big on 'i love you's and says it often, ALWAYS expecting an 'i love you' back. no matter what. so what if you did a prank where you DIDN'T say it back? what would he do?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

you and him just got back from your hero work and were both EXHAUSTED. covered in dirt and scratches, just wanting to relax.

"baby bird, i'm just gunna have a shower quick then you can, and after we can cuddle.. or more." he smirked, winking at you.

"yeah yeah, just go wash keigo." you shooed him off, blushing in annoyance.

"alright alright." he chuckled, grabbing a towel and walking away. "i love you!"

he continued walking for a couple more seconds before realising he hadn't heard an 'i love you' in return from you, so he stopped and said again; "I LOVE YOU!" again, no response.

you sat, giggling on the couch as you felt your boyfriend's glare on the back of your head. "bye babe." you waved, not turning around.

"goodbye, baby. love you." keigo said the last part more loud and stern, still, nothing. so, he span around and walked back to the couch, standing behind you.

"you're mad at me, huh?" he frowned, sighing softly.

"huh, no! course not! now go shower." you clarified, looking at your phone.

"okay, i will. i love you." he said, sounding more pissed off. 

"mhm, have funnn." you hummed, scrolling on your phone. all of a sudden, it got snatched away and keigo began sprinting away with it. "KEIGO GIVE IT BACK." you screamed, leaping over the couch and running after him.

he ran into the bathroom and locked the door, you banged on it. "c'mon babe! give it!" you demanded.

"nuh uh birdie. you gotta say it." keigo told you, his shoulder leaning against the door. 

"say what?" you asked, knowing damn well what.

"y'know. three words, starts with i, ends with u." he reminded you, you could tell he was smirking on the other side of the door. 

"i love tofu?" you questioned, grinning. he made an 'error' sound, making you giggle.

"try again love." he said in a sweet tone.

"i love menu?" you tried again, stifling your laugh.

"one more try~".  he sang again, you smiled.

"i love you.." you uttered, the door immediately opening as the winged hero pulled you into his warm embrace, which you happily melted into.

"i love you too..." hawks muttered back, kissing your shoulder. "now, shower with me." he smirked, looking into your eyes. 

"um, no." you denied with a questioning tone.

"uh, yes. after that little 'joke' you must do whatever i say to make up for it." he spoke, winking at you. instead of fighting back, you decided you wouldn't mind a nice warm shower with your lover.

"mkay, i'm not complaining." you gave in, shrugging your shoulders. 

"didn't think y'were. c'mon." without warning keigo pulled you into the bathroom and you squealed, both laughing as he tickled you while locking the door.

i think it was pretty clear by now, keigo takami loved you. a lot. like really, a lot.

*✿❀○❀✿*