Kara Ships Aruden (Kara's POV)

requested by: aru_shah_is_life

DISCLAIMER: All characters belong to Roshani Chokshi.

So this is probably a surprise for everyone. Surprise ostrich! Anyways, I thought this would be an . . . interesting . . . oneshot to write, so here ya go!

CRINGE WARNING

"Now what?" I whispered as the Potatoes hid behind a bush, watching Aru and Aiden sitting on the bench in front of us, eating ice cream.

"Now, we wait," Brynne responded. Everyone quietly groaned. "How long? We've been sitting here for an hour now!"

Mini was complaining about the filth on her clothes. "Who knows how much bacteria the dirt carries? It could have gotten through my clothes by now and infected my body! AHHH—mph!"

"Shhh!" Brynne hissed, clapping a hand over her mouth. "They could hear us!"

"Ewww!" Mini complained, peeling Brynne's hand off her mouth. "Brynne, that is gross!"

She shrugged. "Well, you were about to give our position away!"

Mini grumbled. "Whatever. Just don't do that again."

"As long as you stay quiet."

"Fine."

After a moment of silence, Nikki whispered, "I still can't believe you agreed to this plan, Kara didi. I thought you had a crush on Aiden."

Even though it'd been a long time since that, I still blushed. "Used to. Not anymore. Look how perfect they look together!" I pointed to the bench, where the two were staring deep into each others' eyes.

Brynne silently squealed. "EEEEE! It's going to happen!" We lean through the bush as Aru and Aiden moved closer, and closer, and closer, until . . .

Aru's lip touched Aiden's.

The rest of us did our best to be quiet, but Brynne utterly failed. "EEEEEEEEEE! It happened! It happened! IT HAPPENED! EEEEEEEEEE!" She pranced around the bench. Luckily, the park was empty. Otherwise, we would've attracted a lot of attention.

"Brynne, what are you doing here?" Aiden asked with an eye roll.

"Oops, hehe, nothing, I'ma just leave now—" Brynne started, but didn't get two feet before Aiden's scimitars blocked her escape.

"Answer me: are the rest of the Potatoes here?" Aru demanded. I'd never seen Brynne look so helpless. It was hilarious.

"Yeah, now can I go please?" Brynne pleaded. Aiden released her, and she ran off. Then, he marched right to this bush and trimmed it down, making us tumble out before we got sliced and diced.

"What are you doing?" Aiden asked as we stood up and brushed ourselves off.

"Um . . . well . . . uh . . ." We all started saying random things.

Aru had a better question. "Kara?"

"Hi?" I said, but it sounded more like a question.

"Aiden, I'm gonna borrow Kara real quick," Aru told him.

"So you're leaving me to interrogate these five on my own?" he asked, bewildered.

"Yup. Have fun!" she called over her shoulder as she led me away.

"Why do you need me?" I asked Aru as she sat down on the grass.

"I thought . . . I thought you liked Aiden. And I never thought we'd—. I didn't think Brynne would spy on us—actually, never mind, yes, I did. But that's beside the point. I wouldn't have thought that she would bring you, of all people, and—"

"Aru. Calm down. You're overreacting." I looked Aru in the eye, and called her the Forbidden Words: "You're such a drama queen."

Immediately Aru threw her hand to her forehead, pretending to faint. "I can't believe you'd call me that!" We both laughed.

I turned back to Aru. "Aru, don't worry. I gave up my crush on Aiden, like, a really long time ago. You're fine. And I completely support Aruden."

Her eyes widened. "Really? Like, completely?"

I smiled at my younger sister. "Yes, completely."

Aru threw her arms around me. "You da best, sis!"

I laughed. "Let's go back now, shall we?" Aru and I got up and walked over to the others.

I looked around. "Did Brynne come back?"

Aiden shook his head. "She's probably hidden in the kitchen at Aru's, making pies to throw in our faces."

I nodded. "I see."

"Did you interrogate them? What did they say?" Aru asked, walking over to Aiden.

"What we expected. Brynne 'convinced' them to come." Aiden made air quotes around "convinced". Aru sighed.

"Can we get back now?" Mini asked. "Aru, I hope you don't mind me taking an hour long shower!" She ran off.

"C'mon, everyone. Let's get back," directed Aru. Aru and Aiden drifted to the back, probably thinking no one would notice them. But I definitely noticed Aiden slinging his arm around Aru's shoulders. I smiled.

Ughhh this is too cringey. I'm not gonna read thru it again cuz i cannot deal with this level of cringe. Anyways, I tried my best. How is it?

Plz don't forget to eat, drink, sleep, breathe, live, vote, comment, and follow!

(edit 8/17/2023: the title is so bad . . . what was i thinking?)

╰•🌟🌟𝕒𝕟𝕠𝕟𝕪𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕡𝕙𝕚𝕟🌟🌟•╯