Operation Cookies & Milk

requested by: sleep-can-wait (for some reason, it won't let me tag peole anymore . . .)

DISCLAIMER: All characters belong to Roshani Chokshi.

first off, don't mind the title. i have a really bad imagination. second, sorry it took so long! 3 MONTHS!!!!!! 3 FREAKING MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was busy with my other fanfics/homework . . . (i feel like i say that too much . . . do i?) anyway, here is my very first hirynne one shot >>>

To call or not to call? Brynne thought for the hundredth time that day as her finger hovered over Hira's contact. For the past hour, she's been sitting at her desk, contemplating life. Quite literally, since telling Hira her feelings could make her break her future.

. . .

Ok, maybe not, but it would be a big blow if she rejected her, right? I mean, she could always find someone else, but it would just not be the same if it's not Hira. Better to just tell her now and get it over with.

Once more that day, she brought her finger dangerously close to the dial button, then jerked it away. What if she said no? What if—

BRYNNE! A voice screamed in her head so suddenly, she fell off her chair.

Aru. What are you doing in my head? She asked after getting back up.

For the past 3 hours, you've been broadcasting messages of nothing but you calling Hira and telling her, Aru replied.

3 hours?! Brynne exclaimed.

Yes, idiot. Isn't there a clock on your phone? Brynne glanced at her phone. 5:06 pm. She could've sworn it was only 3!

Just tell her. You're overthinking it too much! Aru instructed. Wait, lemme get Mini. MINI!!! Brynne winced at the volume.

MINIIIIIIII!!!!! Aru tried again. No response.

She could hear Aru mentally inhale, then scream, YAMINI KAPOOR-MERCADO-LOPEZ!!!!!

A few seconds later, Mini entered the conversation. Yeah, sorry, I was disinfecting my room. What did I miss?

Command Sequence: Daedalus 23. Operation Cookies & Milk. Began Activation, Aru told her, which made no sense.

On it, Mini replied, then disappeared from the conversation.

"Command Sequence: Daedalus 23"? What the heck is that? Brynne asked.

Something from a book I once read. You'll see, was Aru's only response.

Done! Mini responded, back into the conversation. She sounded way too gleeful.

Brynne started to get suspicious. What, exactly, is done?

Then they both began to laugh like insane people. Oh, you'll see . . .

Suddenly, her phone rang. It was . . . Hira. As in Hira.

WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO? She demanded as she fumbled with her phone. But they didn't respond.

Taking a deep breath, she clicked the "accept" button. "H-Hey, Hira! How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you?" she asked back, politely.

"I-I'm doing great! Just peachy! I'm fiiiiine," Brynne said, then mentally scolded herself. What was that?!

"Ok . . . Listen, Mini told me you've been trying to call me for the last hour, but it didn't reach, or something?"

"Huh? Oh–um, yeah." So that's what "Command Sequence: Daedalus 23" was all about.