Eye of the Tiger

It was my first day of training

It was my first day of training. I was a little nervous but I'd be a fool, and a coward to back out now.

I put on black activewear, pet my cat Kramer and headed out the door. At least I got a taste for karate the other night at the dojo. Johnny later gave me the information for the class and I'd be in a beginner class with teens. While I'm quite embarrassed to be the only 25 year old in the class, I won't have time to be embarrassed while trying to protect myself.

I arrived at the dojo and I wanted to be a few minutes early in case anything unexpected were to happen. The only people in the dojo so far were Johnny and Miguel. The little bell went off as I walked through the door.

"Hi y/n!" Miguel greeted.

"Hi Miguel." I smiled

Johnny came out of his office in the back.

"First day. You didn't chicken out."

" 'Course not. How could I pass up training at the most badass dojo?" I gestured to the wall with the Cobra.

"Its not gonna be easy. You're in a class with people a bit younger but they can really kick ass."

"Is that so?" I looked to Miguel

"Yeah, we compete at the All Valley."

"Miguel here won last year. My top student." Johnny beamed with pride.

"Impressive." I nodded.

Just then the bell on the door chimed. 

"Hawk is in the building!" A voice enthusiastically yelled.

I turned to the sound and there was a boy with a red mohawk coming into the dojo, he looked a little caught off guard to see me. He looked me up and down and smirked.

"Who's this, Sensei? New recruit?"

"I'm y/n." I smiled.

He looked me up and down "You don't look too much like Cobra Kai material."

"Well, its my first day. I also have proven myself a bit to get into this class."

"Proven what?" he laughed "You look like you don't wanna get your hands dirty. Maybe the malls' a better place sweetie." he condescended.

"I'll go to the mall, maybe I can find you some manners." I smiled sarcastically.

"And who exactly are you then? In our dojo, acting like I've got a manners problem? This isn't your terf." He closed the gap between us, him being right in my face. His face was dead serious. Johnny did say they can kick ass. I didn't realize how aggressive these kids could be outside of the actual karate class.

Miguel stepped in pushing the guy away from me.

"Hawk, back it up, okay?"

Hawk smirked and looked between me and Miguel.