Hit me with your best shot

Dinner at the Larusso's was something I was looking forward to

Dinner at the Larusso's was something I was looking forward to. It had been nearly a year since I had spent some real quality time with them.

I wanted to look nice but overdressing might be overkill. I put on black slacks, a solid black tee, black leather boots and lots of jewelry. I kept my hair simple and added a leather purse. My mind wandered to what Johnny would think of my outfit. Would he think I look good? Would he tell me I look good? Would he ever tell me if he had any interest?

I made my way to Daniel's home, well, sort of what I considered my home for quite some time.

I rang the doorbell.

Amanda opened the door.
"Y/n!" she smiled, arms open for a hug.

"Its so good to see you!" she pulls back from our hug.

"You too. How are you?"

"Good!" she wraps her arm around me leading me into the house "Daniel and I have been working a lot at the dealership lately, the kids are good, though they havent been telling us much. Nothing too eventful." we sat on the couch in the living room.

"But tell me whats been going on with you?" she asks. A lot of the time, we would have girl talks, Amanda has given me a lot of advice over the years.

"I adopted a cat a few months ago, named him Kramer." I showed her a photo on my phone.

"Thats a cat?" she looked very displeased

"Yes! He's really sweet."

"Where's it's fur? Are you sure its not a rat?"

"Oh, funny."

"Okay, continue. What else?"

"Um, working a lot at the bar.. I've started some training for this fitness thing.."

"What is it?" she leaned in

"...Karate." I didn't want to bring too much attention to it, especially around Daniel.

"Karate?"

"Yeah, its this dojo in Reseda, fairly new. I'm getting a lot better." The less she knows the better.

"I'm sure Daniel would love to hear about it."

"I think so too." I nodded, biting my tongue.

"Anyways, any guys in the picture?" she nudged me.

I turned beet red and tried to cover a smile.

"Oh my gosh...I have to hear about this guy now.."

"Hear about who?" Daniel's voice echoed into the living room.

"Hear about you! Thank you for having me!" I got up to hug Daniel.

"Its my pleasure. So, you two were catching up, I'll get a bottle of wine, and dinner is almost ready." he said putting his hands together and then heading to the kitchen.