Chapter 87

Esmé woke up a few hours later alone in bed. When had she fallen asleep? She got up and changed before heading downstairs. When she went downstairs, she noticed the home was unusually quiet and that the only light was the lamp in the parlor. Was it really that late already? She quietly walked down the steps and peeked in, spotting Alma on the couch awake with a book in her hand as Bud layed on her lap.

She just stood there for a while, looking at Alma. The older woman looked up, seeming to sense someone staring at her. She smiled when she saw her girlfriend.

"It's rude to stare, dear." Alma says softly and Esmé smiled slightly. "Come here."

The younger woman walked carefully over to where Alma was, sitting beside her on the couch. Bud remained in her lap and Alma used her free hand to run her talons through Esmés hair as Esmé rested her head against her shoulder.

"What time is it?" Esmé asked quietly. Alma kissed her cheek.

"Nearly one in the morning I suppose." Alma said nonchalantly and set aside her book.

"Why aren't you in bed?" Esmé asks and Alma hums.

"I knew you'd be up at some point." Alma says softly.

"You could have come to lay with me." Esmé said as she kissed Alma's cheek.

"I know, but I wanted to be awake when you got up." Alma said as she held the younger woman close.

Bud meowed and moved off the older woman, prancing off to his food bowl in the kitchen. Esmé chuckled slightly before Alma moved Esmé on top of her instead, hugging her close.

Alma smothered the younger younger woman with kisses as she laughed. "I love you so much my darling!" Alma said as she held her closely. "You have no idea how perfect I think you are."

"Alma!" The woman laughed as she peppered kisses all over her face before hugging her tightly against her, gently kissing her neck as she did.

"You're absolutely perfect."

"Aww." Esmé and Alma jumped when they seen Ayn at the doorway. "Violet is pulling an all nighter with Emma, thought she'd bring me back for a bit."

"Go cuddle your girlfriend." Esmé rolled her eyes and shooed her away. Isabel and Balenciaga had stayed overnight.

"She's already asleep and I don't want to wake her." Ayn shrugged.

"Well, we're busy." Alma says and gently kissed Esmé as she hugged her tighter, glaring at the wight in the doorway.

"Sorry to ruin your make out session." Ayn rolls her eyes.

Ayn decided it best to leave them alone. She was pretty sure Alma hadn't forgiven her for earlier. As soon as she left Alma kissed Esmé deeply, making the younger woman smile into the kiss.

"I love you." Esmé says softly against her lips and Alma smiles as she kissed her deeper. Esmé gently cupped the woman's face in her hands as she ran her thumbs over her cheekbones.

Alma pulled away for a moment and kinda just looked at Esmé. She smiled as she examined her face. "I love your eyes." Alma grinned at her.

"Oh shush." Esmé chuckled as she looked deeply at the woman.

"I love everything about you." Alma says with a smile.

"I love everything about you." Esmé smiled back and kissed her cheek.

"You're the love of my life!" Alma said really happily and kissed her again.

"Aww!" Esmé laughed as she kissed her forehead and Alma pushed her gently down on the couch as she towered over her, peppering kisses all over the woman.

Esmé laughed as Alma smothered her with love. "You're so perfect! You're everything I've ever wanted."

"Alma." Esmé chuckled as the woman layed on top of her and pressed her lips firmly against hers. Esmé smiled as she did, wrapping her arms around the woman's neck.

"This is so adorable." Ayn says and Alma looked up to see her with a bowl of popcorn. "What? The kids wanted some."

"Then go give it to them." Esmé said and sent her a look. Ayn took the hint and left. Alma immediately looked back at the younger woman with a smile. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Esmé asked with a small smile.

"You're gorgeous, dear." Alma says softly and Esmé smiles against her lips. "I can't wait for the wedding day."

"Have we figured out a day?" Esmé asks, curious.

"I was thinking in seven or so months? It would be plenty of time for us to prepare everything. And I'm so tired of waiting to marry you!" Alma said and peppered her face with kisses.

"You're adorable." Esmé grinned and Alma raised an eyebrow.

"You're gorgeous, love." Alma says softly and Esmé scoffs.

"Oh shush."

"Alright, goodnight." Alma says with a slight smile and goes to head upstairs.

"No! Baby!" Esmé groaned and grabbed Alma's arm, pulling her back. Alma laughed and pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Baby, hm?" She teased.

Esmé didn't answer but sent her a look. Alma chuckled and kissed her cheek.

"Seriously though, we should head to bed, it's almost 2 in the morning." Alma says softly as she sits up off the woman.

"I want to talk about our wedding." Esmé groaned a bit, and sat up, leaning against Alma.

"We can talk about it more tomorrow."

"Fine." Esmé sighs and gets up, following Alma upstairs.

The two went upstairs and changed. They got in bed and cuddled. "I love you so much." Esmé kissed her lightly.

"I love you more, darling." Alma says softly and kissed her forehead gently.