Chapter 98

When Claire woke up she was crying. She rushed into the kitchen and hugged Alma. "Miss Peregrine!" She cried.

"What is it, dear?" Alma asks as she set down the plate for breakfast and kneeled down to bring her into her arms.

"I had a dream that- that wights came, an-and they-" Claire had to stop because she couldn't stop crying. She'd been so scared.

"Oh dear, it's alright." Alma says as she gently wiped away her tears. "Miss Gyr and Ayn were able to make them leave, I assure you they won't ever be coming back."

"Promise.?" She asked in a hushed tone, still worried. Wights scared her, except for Ayn. She didn't want them to come back.

"I promise." Alma says with a soft but firm look. "Would you like to help me set the table?"

Claire nodded and grabbed the silverware to help her. Alma gave her a smile and grabbed a stack of plates.

The two set the table and Claire smiled when she seen Ayn come in through the doors and ran over to her.

"Ayn! Ayn! I have an idea!" Claire said excitedly, running over to the woman, who picked her up. The wight grinned.

"What is it, gremlin?"

"Can we have a sleepover in the parlor? All of us?" Claire asks and Ayn thinks over it as Alma walks out of the dining room to the kitchen to get the food.

"That sounds like an amazing idea!" Ayn said happily. "We'll need to get the bird to agree though."

"I can ask!" Claire says excited and before Ayn could respond she dashed out of her arms and ran to the kitchen, accidently colliding into Esmé.

"Sorry, mom!" Claire said quickly, before rushing over to Alma, who'd heard what she just called Esmé and was surprised. "Miss Peregrine! Can we all have a sleepover in the parlor tonight? Pleaseeee?"

Alma didn't respond at first as she shared a surprised look with Esmé for a moment before realizing Claire asked her something.

"A sleepover?" Alma asked, the rest of Claire's words finally catching up to her. "I suppose, it wouldn't be too much trouble."

"Really?" Claire asks excited and Alma nods with a small smile.

"But all of you must still go to bed at a decent time and must listen." Alma says and Claire nods before running off to tell the others. Alma looked over at Esmé who was still stopped dead in bed tracks at what the girl said.

"Are you alright darling?" Alma asked, smiling a bit at her shock.

"You heard that right? Alma, she called me mom!" Esmé said, smiling softly.

"I heard her, dear." Alma chuckles as she stood up to walk over to her.

"Do you think they actually see me as their mother?" Esmé asks and the older woman smiles.

"I don't see why they wouldn't. You've been involved for a while now and you care for them just as I do." Alma says before gently kissing her.

Esmé grinned and wrapped her arms around Alma. "I love them so much." She spoke into her shoulder.

Alma smiled again. "They love you too, darling. Almost as much as I do."

Esmé gave her another small kiss on the lips before pulling away to continue helping her set the table.

"Hey moms!" Eliza said as she walked into the kitchen. "Oh why are you so happy? The wedding isn't for a week."

"We are adopting all your children." Esmé says firmly before heading into the dining room leaving Eliza confused as Alma stiffled a grin.