Ch.2: Forget

'I feel weird...I can see my blood. Where is my family...? Blood..?'

Hitomi asked herself as she glanced towards the front of her and she saw the bodies of her family not moving and by the temperature of their blood they're cold. As dim moonlight shines in, it is ironic that it used to be a symbol of good luck for her.

Because the moon being out represented another day being with her family.

It was kind of sad that back then it was just a thought that came across her mind every now and then but now....

Drool starts forming from her mouth as she gazes at the sight in disgust. She still can't move her body but the smell is terrible. She couldn't stand it, it's so gross.

The more she stares the more that she gets disoriented.

'Who are these people? How did I get here? Why is mom dead? What's happening?"

She starts shaking as tears flow out and she's crying even though she doesn't know why. Not a sound even escapes her throat as she stares at the corpses through blurry eyes. Her whole body felt numb.

She tenses as the sound of feet approaching startle her as they are coming closer and closer.

Without her even needing to blink, someone appears in her line of sight. His face is shadowed so she can't see him well. He looks around then his gaze meets hers.

Fear suddenly invoked itself onto her. She didn't know what would happen to her. She can see those glowing red eyes staring right at her. Her body started to shake as she just looked at the man in fear. To her surprise instead of glowing red eyes, she was met by bored looking marigold eyes. She didn't even notice when the man came closer.

He was talking and she couldn't hear him at all. She saw an irritated expression appear on his face. He places his hands on her ears. She surprisingly didn't flinch at the touch of the man as he carefully slid his hands off of her ears. Suddenly she could hear everything that she needed to. The crickets outside, the heartbeat of the man in front of her, her own heart beating and the.... the absence of other noises.

"Are you alive or is your corpse drooling?" he asked her. His voice sounded like wind fading into the distance. She found that calming despite his rude tone.

She continued to stare at the man without saying anything. That's all she could do. His face moved more into the moonlight and she could see most of his features now. He had ginger hair and looked to be in his early thirties and held a bored look. She saw that he had a classic bamboo hat and on his neck held a big scar but didn't have enough time to process it as his marigold eyes continued to stare back into hers and then he proceeded to pick her up like a bag of potatoes and walk out.

The first thing Hitomi noticed was that it was snowing. She glanced back at the corpses and for some reason she didn't want to leave them.

She wanted to stay with them.

Her body tensed again and she tried squeezing and wiggling out of his grip but the weird man stopped and let out a sound discomfort before Hitomi felt her body being swung forward and she crashed head first into the snow and blacked out.

The man stared at her body for a bit, picked her up again the same way and continued walking. He did pause when he felt liquid on his clothes. He stayed silent but kept walking.

~⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊~

He didn't know how to feel. He looked at the two bodies in front of him. His chest tightened as the strong scent of blood lingered all around him as he ran towards Nezuko and Rokuta's bodies.