03 | ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ

Park Yunhee was not the type to feel lonely anymore. After all, she spent eighteen years of her life with her parents not really being present with her all the time. Sure, she'd see them when they get home but never bonded.

Sometimes, she'd eat meals with them in pure silence, nothing but the mere clinking utensils were the only sounds she'd hear across the long dining table. Even their seats would be distant, with her parents on each end and her in the middle. The only time they'll ever talk is whenever they ask about how Yunhee does at school.

Yet, her second night in Seoul felt very different. She felt the loneliness she once stopped feeling before. Perhaps it was because it wasn't New York. It was a totally different environment.

If it weren't for the fun she had hours ago with her—if she'd put it this way—new friends, she'd probably feel a hundred times worse. So there she was, laying across her bed, staring at the ceiling. Her mind tuned everything out, except for "You're on Your Own Kid" blasting through her wired earphones.

The Park girl somehow found herself questioning where she was in life. It wasn't on her list of expectations to ever go back to Seoul, especially in the middle of her school year. Yet, there she was. Her train of thought seemed to cut off as the music shifts into a more rock type, with the guitar drive startling her. Just as she thought, the playlist was on shuffle.

Yunhee sighed, sitting up and removing her earphones. She glanced at the clock on her bedside table, realizing that it was late and that she should probably sleep. Another day of school awaits her. Still, she does the complete opposite. Slipping on her navy blue hoodie, she heads out.

Letting her feet take her wherever they could at this time of night was probably not the smartest decision. The neighborhood looked dim, only a few scattered streetlights lit the way. To some, this would be terrifying, but to Yunhee, it was comforting. It felt like nothing could ever hurt her. The cold night breeze lingered through her nose as she breathes in the air.

Lost in her thoughts, Yunhee continued walking until she reached a nearby park. She found a bench and sat down, gazing at the night sky. As she looked up, she realized how different the stars looked from what she was used to seeing in New York. The city lights always dimmed their brightness, but here, in the quietness of the night, they shone brightly.

She had to admit, despite her not being too keen on the idea of moving back to Seoul, it was a much better environment. Tranquility was all she felt, she enjoyed the night breeze as she remained sat on the park bench.

Unfortunately, after a few minutes, it had to come to an end. She stood herself up, her gaze lingered back on the stars once more. Yunhee closed her eyes. Now, she wasn't one who believes that if you wished on a star it would come true. However, she felt a glimmer of hope that everything will be fine for her.

--

For Yunhee, the next few hours of class went by in such a drag. Nothing interesting happened, except Suho being a jerk to Jukyung as ever, just as she expected. It's just sad how more engaged Yunhee was in her classmate's sociopathic behavior. Well, it wasn't a surprise how boring her life was. If the life of Park Yunhee could be written in a book, it would most probably be a lifestyle book that gets put on a shelf and never read because of how uninteresting it was.

"Pst... Yunhee-ah.", her fellow transferred classmate whispered, snapping her out of her deep thought. Yunhee perked her brows and hummed in response. "Let's go to the mall later. O-only if you want to. I need to get myself some makeup stuff.", the Lim girl smiled awkwardly, slightly embarrassed that she stuttered. Finally, a reason for her to not go home immediately after class. Yunhee agreed without hesitation, sending Jukyung a soft smile.