04 | ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪᴄꜱ

Now that it's the weekends, what does someone like Yunhee do in these times? The correct answer is reading books in her room all day. What a fun way to pass the time. Although, this day seemed to be longer than she anticipated. It wasn't even past lunch time and she'd already finished a book she started reading just yesterday. Which was pretty thick by the way. She asked herself, "Now what?"

Closing the book with a thump, Yunhee sat on her bed, staring at the bookshelf filled with novels of various genres. She had read most of them multiple times, and the prospect of rereading didn't excite her at the moment. She craved something new, something different to occupy her time.

She snapped her fingers. Wander around the neighborhood, that's what she's going to do. Again. Before embarking to satisfy her bored mind, Yunhee told Mrs. Jung about her little journey through the neighborhood and that she'd be back before she knows it. The older woman reluctantly agreed, especially after the discussion she had with Yunhee's parents the night they caught her coming home late.

"While we're away I want you to know Yunhee's whereabouts if she plans on going somewhere. I want you to know what time she'll arrive. And if she ever breaks her word, report to me immediately.", Mr. Park's stern words replayed in the older woman's mind.

The Park girl was extremely smiley-which was rare-as she got out of the house. Maybe it was the thrill of breaking her usual routine that made her an extrovert all of a sudden. She enjoyed her long stroll. It got her thinking again, what then? With the initial thought, her plan to wander only through the neighborhood had been completely thrown away. She ended up walking herself to a nearby bus stop.

She sat down and waited minutes for the bus. In the meantime, her eyes scouted her surroundings. It stopped as it caught a figure on the sidewalk a few meters away, walking towards her direction. The person was preoccupied with their phone. The cap she wore was kind of messing with her vision, so she couldn't make up their face. Yunhee squinted her eyes, trying to see clearly.

Oh, how she wished she just kept her word and strolled around her neighborhood like she was supposed to. "Lee fucking Suho?", she hissed as her vision cleared. Thankfully, the bus arrived before the boy could see Yunhee panickly board it. But just as she thought luck was on her side, Suho quickened his pace and boarded the same bus she was in.

She hadn't really established to herself why she was trying so hard to avoid the boy. There was no denying that she was annoyed by how much of a jerk he was to her new friend, but she could've acted as if she didn't know him, right?

But either way, all she knew was, she was doomed. The only available seat on the vehicle was at the very back, which is where she sat. Yunhee hung her head low, trying not to expose her face as much as possible.

"Damn it...", she mumbled under her breath as Suho took a seat beside her. This caused the boy to look her way, to which she immediately averted her head to the window beside her. Fortunately, she was wearing a cap, just enough to cover her face. Then of course another passenger boards the bus, taking a seat on the other end, making Suho the filling of this passenger sandwich.

Now, Suho was much closer than before. He was close enough for Yunhee to smell his cologne. The strong woodsy fragrance lingered on her nose. Yunhee wasn't a fan of colognes, knowing that it made her head ache whenever she got a whiff of it. But Suho's fragrance was different, Yunhee was surprised it didn't give her a migraine.