06 | ᴄʜᴏᴄᴏʟᴀᴛᴇ ʙʀᴇᴀᴅ

Yunhee's mission to unsuspectingly slip her little gift on Suho's desk was a success. And she was great at acting as if she had nothing to do with it. She'd sneak glances at Suho, expecting to see even the slightest emotion displayed.

The Lee boy only stared at the tiny skull before stuffing it under his desk. Then of course, not in Lee Suho's right mind would he actually show any emotion other than his typical stone-cold look in the confines of his school.

The Park girl shook any thoughts that involve the skull keychain, focusing solely on the front. She recalled their last encounter where the Lee boy slapped her with the reality that they were far from friends, let alone know each other well enough.

Which she thought was fair enough and kept reminding herself also to know her place. She wasn't disappointed at all by the lack of interest and appreciation Suho showed in her anonymous gift. That's what she'd been telling herself at least.

"Good morning.", Mr. Han greeted, to which the students reciprocated. Following behind him was Han Seojun, who looked like he didn't even wanna be there. Yunhee rolled her eyes. "So Seojun is finally back. It's nice to see him again, right?", the room echoed with the student's chants of agreement. "Should we give him a warm welcome?", the students obeyed, and the room soon filled with a series of claps and greetings.

Soon enough, Seojun was asked to take a seat only to find his spot occupied. He kicked Jukyung's desk. "Yah, you move over there.", he demanded. The Han boy told her that he used to sit on the said spot. Mr. Han explained that the Lim girl sat there for the reason that she had bad eyesight. In the end, Seojun got to sit in the back row.

The moment he sat down, Jukyung whispered a quick apology which he didn't even acknowledge. He continued to lay his head on the wooden desk only to lift it back up again after a few seconds to look at Jukyung curiously. The Lim girl looked very familiar to him.

Lunchtime came around and Yunhee didn't feel like eating with the vibrant three. "You guys go ahead. I have to take care of some things.", she excused. She yearned for solitude once in a while, as it kept her tranquil.

The Park girl somehow found herself on the school's rooftop. It was breezy and peaceful, a perfect spot to eat with no one but the presence of her thoughts. She left her half-eaten chocolate bread on an abandoned desk before getting herself a more clear view of the school grounds.

Yunhee helped herself up the concrete wall. She breathes in the air. She closed her eyes, feeling the wind on her face, at ease. Unfortunately, it all came crumbling down as she was dragged back into the rooftop floor. "What the fuck was that for?", she yelled in English. She stumbled on her feet.

With anger and confusion, Yunhee looked at the person who yanked her. It was Han Seojun. "Oh, great...", she mumbled, sarcasm seeping. "Yah! Are you stupid?!", he scolds. Yunhee's face grew confused. "You shouldn't end your life just like that!", he continued.

Now it all made sense for Yunhee. She realized that she had been standing on the edge of the rooftop, lost in her thoughts, unaware of the potential danger she had put herself in. A mix of relief and embarrassment washed over her, causing her cheeks to flush slightly. She cursed under her breath for letting herself up there and not acknowledging the danger she put herself in.

"I wasn't trying to end my life, you idiot. And you're one to talk, didn't you almost kill me with your motorcycle?" she retorted, trying to regain her composure while the boy looked slightly guilty. She dusted her skirt.

"I was just enjoying the view and some fresh air. Is that a crime now?", she continued. The Han boy's face turned from guilt to annoyance as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Well, how was I supposed to know? You looked like you were about to jump off the building or something."