Chapter 5: Deviation

The next day, Leo overslept. When he woke up, the clock on the desktop alarm clock pointed to eleven o'clock. This is quite rare for him who never gives himself a chance to be lazy even when he is out in the field. As the head of the serial homicide investigation team, he does not need to report to anyone in his daily actions, but he is always strictly self-disciplined, like being restrained by a tight rubber band in his mind, and he is not allowed to deviate from the right track by even a foot distance.

But today the rubber band seems a little slack, he realized, and blamed the drug on the cause. It was difficult to quit before, and it was not good to eat again. Maybe I should take the time to ask the doctor to try another medicine, he thought.

After washing quickly, he picked up a coat and was preparing to go out. A voice behind him called him: "Do you have time to eat a meal?"

Leo turned around and saw Li Biqing wearing an apron and holding a spatula in his hand, apparently just coming out of the kitchen, smiling gratefully at him: "I accidentally fell asleep on the sofa last night, yes You got me into the bedroom, thank you. "

"Raising your hand," Leo replied, "I'm going to work."

"I know, but I always have to eat. Does the office offer free lunch?"

"No, there are pizzerias and burgers on the corner. You can order takeaway."

Li Biqing showed a look of hurt inside: "Their pizza and burger are so delicious? They are better than the food I make?"

Leo Ming knew that the other was joking, but he said comfortably: "Compared to your cooking, it's a crime to call those things food."

"Welcome to give up the dark." Li Biqing opened her arms for an invitation, and suddenly her face changed: "--Ah, that's bad! The fire is not off yet!"

Leo watched him fly back into the kitchen and couldn't help laughing. At first glance, this Oriental boy was naive and innocent. After contact, he found that he had a clear mind and an extraordinary conversation. He should be a deep person, but he was always confused about small things. Is this so-called clumsy? However, getting along with such people is quite pleasant.

Anyway, he didn't hurry, he thought so and followed into the kitchen.

Two dishes and one soup have already been put on the table: shiitake mushroom slices, pine nut osmanthus fish, and bamboo shoots with chicken in a pot. Li Biqing is filling the dish with soy sauce, fish oil, wheat and vegetables, and embarrassedly said to him, "The fire is late, the vegetables are not enough. brittle."

Leo smelled the scent and felt itchy fingers. After serving each side with a bowl of rice sprinkled with black sesame noodles, he sipped a spoonful of clear yellow chicken soup and sighed sincerely: "If you plan to open a restaurant, I will often take colleagues to patronize."

"Thank you for your support, although this is not included in my plan." Li Biqing frowned with a chopsticks, and frowned critically. "When it comes to work, I don't know what department you are in, just listen Jasmine said, are you a federal policeman? "

Leo nodded. "The FBI's Criminal Investigation Department. Just transferred to Washington headquarters last year and is currently in charge of a case, so it flows between states." He laughed at the last word, "Maybe you know, cross Major state criminal cases are basically ours. "

"I've heard of such cases as the" Green River "serial homicide, and the serial killer's ruler, the famous Ted Bondi. But I find it interesting that most of the FBI's criminal targets are The kidnappings, robberies and serial homicides are targeted at higher-profile fugitives, not large organized criminal groups. Is there any trick? "