Chapter 108: Untouchable (2)

When Alessio's eyes glanced at Sha Qing's back, his face turned gloomy and he suddenly reached out to tug at the hem of the latter's prison shirt.

Sha Qing turned his head back and looked at Alessio impatiently.

The gloominess disappeared in a flash, and the brown-haired, blue-eyed Italian man returned to that gentle and refreshing look, like a naive young man, "There's a lot of blood on the back of your pants" with his eyes full of worry, he continued, "Are you hurt?"

"I'm okay. It's not something you have to care about."

"But you're hurt and bleeding. I'll call someone over to take you to the infirmary"

Sha Qing broke his hand free from the other's grasp, "I said I'm okay! I don't want to go to the infirmary. Just let me get a good night's sleep, okay?"

"Of course ..." Alessio burrowed back into his bed a little awkwardly, but he poked his head out again a moment later, "I have anti-inflammatory tablets here, an ointment to stop the bleeding, and some gauze. Do you need them?"

Sha Qing who just closed his eyes, sighed helplessly, "Give it to me."

Alessio immediately jumped out of bed, rummaged through the boxes and cabinets to find a handful of medical supplies and piled them on the edge of the upper bed, "If you can't reach them, I can help you with putting the medicine."

"No need, I'll do it myself." Sha Qing slumped wearily onto the mattress. The edge of the bed revealed his roommate's somewhat dejected half face, and with a dark sigh, he propped up half his body and leaned over to soothe him, "Sorry, Alessio, I'm not in a good mood today."

"Because of the meeting just now? Did they bother you? For the case? Uhm, I already know your identity, I read it from the newspaper. To tell the truth, I still can't believe that you're the famous 'serial-killer hunter'." Alessio said with emotion, "You look so... gentle and delicate."

"You don't look like a murderous mafioso either. The world is different on the inside and from the outside." Sha Qing said, " Yes, I was upset, but not because of the case."

"And why is that?" Alessio's gaze fell on his prone chest.

From the slit of Sha Qing's lapel, a short silver-gray chain dangling with a metal plate, somewhat similar to a soldier's dog tag, slipped out. The difference was that there's no name carved on the two inch square sign, and the periphery was traced with strange patterns. In the center was a sunken dark red pit, just like blood dripping on a mirror, and the edge was splashed with a sun like radial outline, "Because of some old grudge like say, between gangs?"

Sha Qing immediately reached out to hold the chained metal plate he got from Daniel at Luna Island and tucked it back into his coat, then replied in disbelief, "No, I don't mix with gangs."

Alessio showed an I-know-even-if-you-deny-it look and said, "Don't worry, although the New York Mafia and the Bloods had a bad time, but that is already an old story. That old man Vaughan has been dead for so many years and no one will ever try to cross against his adopted sons again."

"Vaughan's adopted sons?"

"Isn't that right? As one of the most powerful founders of the Blood Gang, the old codger's greatest regret in life was that he didn't have any offspring, so he sought psychological balance from a large number of adopted children. It's said that he once customized seven blood plates and distributed them to a few of his most favored adopted sons. Is that not one of them?"