Chapter 1

Taylor Swift has a NOT so secret admirer.

  This will be fun. I chuckle at my phone. I just got off the plane from Denver, Colorado, and was sent an email from Tree. I've finished the most recent weekend of tour and had a lovely time. I sit down in the back of my black, tinted SUV and get a text.

  Tree:
Do not panic.
He's hot though.

  I almost choke on the Fiji water I'm sipping when I read that. Tree Paine said he was hot. She didn't even think Harry was hot. He must be-

Oh.

I click in the news article and can't read because my attention falls on the man dressed in a jersey. Kansas City Chiefs? I was just there.

   I start to read the article.

Travis Kelce claims the he is "butt-hurt" about recent rejection from Taylor Swift. Kelce made the singer a friendship bracelet with 'his [phone] number on it in hopes to give it to her, but was not allowed to meet with her. He talked about this unfortunate rejection with his brother Jason Kelce on his podcast "New Heights" which was released on Wednesday.

I feel my cheeks start to flush as I read. That's adorable. No one has ever done anything like that for me before. Joe wouldn't ever talk about being with me, let alone being rejected by me. I've moved on... mostly. It's not even him that I miss. It's the presence of love and of someone. Which is why I was messing around with Matt Healy. He was gross. It was a mistake. But, he fucked me good enough to forget that Joe broke me, so no complaints.

  He did break me. He tore my heart in two. He didn't want to marry me. He didn't want to marry me, because he wanted to marry someone else. He cheated on me with one of his coworkers. I wanted to start a family with him. I wanted it to be him. He didn't let me 'bejeweled' as my fans would say. That was completely true. He hated the spotlight, and he made me think that I hated it too. When really, I think he just hated that I am more successful than he is. But, that was almost 8 months ago. I'm hurt, but I'm still living.

Oh. He is hot.
I can't respond to him.
Can I?

I can get you his number?

Fuck no.
Tree. That's scary.

What is?
Talking to him?

Yes.
No
Well, me talking first?
Yeah. That's it

I can always send him your number.

Would you be a dearest?

I would.
You sure?

Yeah. I think.

Sent to his team.
Lmk if he texts you?

Obvi.
I love you Tree🩷

Ily2 Taylor.
Be good.

I smile and like the message. My nerves are bubbling in my belly. What if he doesn't text me? Wait no. He was upset that he didn't get to. What if he does text me? What do I say? What if he calls me? HOW DO I TALK? He watched me do the vigilante shit dance. Oh shit.

I panic for what seems to me like 30 seconds, but my spiral just lasted for an entire 15 minute car ride. The car is pulled into the back of my apartment, so that I can sneak in. I get out and walk inside.