Chapter One

Caty slowly pulled herself into a sitting position. She felt so sick. She didn't feel like doing anything or seeing anyone but she knew that she needed to get moving. She got up, actually did her hair, put on makeup, and walked out the door hoping for the best in the day to come.

***********************************

"What is the missing element!" Bruce yelled in frustration.

"Do we need to get Nat in to calm you down again?" Tony asked tentatively.

"No," Bruce sighed.

"Last time you said that; you went green," Tony answered. "Hey! Why don't you turn red instead of green? Doesn't red stand for anger?"

"Tony, stop talking or I will turn green," Bruce said irritably.

"We can't have that now can we."

Tony and Bruce looked towards the source of the voice.

"Catalina!" They both shouted.

"Ya," she said softly, "I'm back."

"It's good to see you up and about again!" Bruce exclaimed.

"I second that," Tony said happily.

"I get third vote," Loki said coming out of the corner.

"I really wish you would stop doing that," Tony said, "it's so darn creepy."

"I was delivering the stupid chemical you needed," Loki said handing him a vile.

"You have a great way of delivering things that sends a message saying, 'here you go drop dead,'" Tony said sarcastically.

"Only for you, Tony," Loki smiled.

"Ya, he doesn't do that to me because last time he made me mad; I smashed him into the floor-several times," Bruce said.

"Yes I remember that," Loki's face turned from humor to compassion as he turned to Caty. "How are you?"

"I'm alright," she answered.

"You don't look alright, no offense."

"I know," she said, "I'm getting there."

Loki came over and hugged her tightly. She hugged him back and tried not to cry.

"I understand what you going through," he said stretching her out at arms length. "If you ever need me you know how to get a hold of me."

With that he vanished into thin air. Caty turned to the two scientists and smiled.

"Didn't know he had a heart," Tony said.

"He has a very big heart," Caty said, "and that's why he became a very big threat when it was broken."

"That's very poetic," Bruce said.

"I suppose," was her half-hearted reply.

************************************

Black Death walked deliberately into the cell.

"Nice of you to finally show your revolting, mutant face!"

Black Death responded to this insult by punching the prison in the jaw. The prisoner's head snapped to the side. A trickle of blood ran down his chin emanating from his lip. He turned and glared at Black Death's massive form.

"I want information," Black Death said cooly.

"No really! I thought you were coming down here to have tea with me."

Black Death hit the prisoner hard in the stomach causing him to double over as much as he could since he was bound.

"You have been inside Shield. I want to know what their plans are to fight me," he said circling the bound hostage.

"I wouldn't know. They didn't really trust me did they," the prisoner retorted.

"Stop playing games with me!" Black Death bellowed.

"You aren't very good at interrogations are you?"

Black Death roared in anger and frustration. He began hitting the bound man until he knocked him unconscious. The prisoner was right. He wasn't patient enough to get information. He needed someone who was the master of interrogation. Unfortunately that was his prisoner. The second best might do but could a second best beat the best?