{5} I Need You Safe

holy shit cramps are killing me but DID YOU GUYS SEE BIBLE??? GIRL DINNER he has me (s)creaming...he's so fine ugh...anygays, i was supposed to update yesterday but i physically couldn't pick up my phone or laptop but dw i got you <333

DO YALL SEE THIS FACKING MAN???? GODDAMN HE SO GETS ME GOING- anyways...

Chapter Begins Here

"Greta, who is Mr. Sumettikul talking to?" My scalp is trying to leave the building. It's prickling with apprehension, and my subconscious is screaming at me to follow it. But I sound nonchalant enough.

"Oh, that's Mr. Linc. He owns the place with Mr. Sumettikul." Greta seems more than happy to share.

"Mr. Linc?" I thought Mr. Young was divorced. Perhaps he's remarried to some poor sap.

"Yes. He's not usually here, but one of our technicians is sick today so he's filling in."

"Do you know Mr. Linc's first name?"

Greta looks up at me, frowning, and purses her bright pink lips, questioning my curiosity. Shit, perhaps this is a step too far.

"James," She says, almost reluctantly.

I'm swamped by a strange sense of relief that my spidey sense has not let me down.

Spidey sense? My subconscious snorts, Pedo sense.

They are still deep in discussion. Bible is talking rapidly to James, and he looks worried, nodding, grimacing, and shaking his head. Reaching out, he rubs his arm soothingly while biting his lip. Another nod and he glances at me and offers me a small reassuring smile.

I can only stare at his stony-faced. I think I'm in shock. How could he bring me here?

He murmurs something to Bible, and he looks my way briefly then turns back to him and replies.

He nods, and I think he's wishing him luck, but my lip-reading skills aren't highly developed.

Bible strides back to me, anxiety etched on his face. Damn right. Mr. Young returns to the back room, closing the door behind him.

Bible frowns. "Are you okay?" He asks, but his voice is strained, cautious.

"Not really. You didn't want to introduce me?" My voice sounds cold, hard.

His mouth drops open, he looks as if I've pulled the rug from under his feet.

"But I thought-"

"For a smart man, sometimes..." Words fail me. "I'd like to go, please."