Ch 4

"So that's about all we've been told," Iori informed his members.

Currently all seven members gathered in the living room, where they are holding a group meeting. The annual festival is held by the university to give groups more publicity. All the idol groups would be able to perform 3 songs each, though there would still be a huge hurdle.

As of current, TRIGGER is the top idol group of the university so the majority of the audience would most likely be fans of them.

This would be the biggest event they'd be performing in, despite having performed at a few other minor events in the past since their debut.

The group was understandably nervous but also excited. Together, they brainstormed ideas on how to make their group stand out more, and planned their set list.

"What if we sing a new song?" Sogo suggested.

"The festival is next month so it'll be a tight schedule, but definitely doable," Iori jotted down the idea.

"Oohh! New song!" Tamaki excitedly exclaimed.

"Festival means there'll be lots of people there..." Yamato sighs, "Welp. It's only going to continue going uphill from now on."

"Got to put in 100% like usual!" Mitsuki hyped the group.

"Yes~! All eyes will be on us!" Nagi agreed.

"Festival..." Riku whispered under his breath.

"What are you smiling for?" Umi asked.

"I'm just happy..." Riku had a soft smile on his face, watching as his members all also had a bright smile on their face, messing around while still contributing ideas to the table.

Everything felt so surreal to him, as if a dream. As a kid, he wished to be an idol with his brother, Tenn, but had long given up that dream when his asthma got in the way of him doing physically straining activities. After first posting a cover of a song, he slowly grew a following online, and even got scouted to the best university for performing arts. And now he's working hard to fulfil his dreams with his group who he calls friends.

***

With groups busy with preparations, everyone wanted to shine; to attract new fans and a chance for their popularity to grow.

With such numbers of visitors, it would be hard to think that this is only a university's festival, and not a professional performing arts festival. It was safe to say that the campus was lively. Family, friends and fans came to support the artists- and even some companies looking for potentials in a group.

Comedians, models, singers, bands, dancers, idols... the list goes on.

Back with the idol department, most fans sitting in the auditorium were TRIGGER fans. As graduates of the university, Re:vale has been invited back as MC's.

"Wow! Look at how many people we have here today~!" Momo exclaimed, running around the stage greeting people.

"Brings me back to our days when we were students here," Yuki chuckled.

As the duo continued to introduce groups performing one after another, time flew by and it was soon IDOLiSH7's turn. Prepared in their stage outfit and mics all set up, the seven were on standby backstage while Umi's with the crowd, excited to watch them perform.

When they were introduced to the crowd, they got on one by one and waved at the audience. Re:vale chatted with the boys on stage and it was a good thing Mitsuki was with them, because everyone else was frankly quite nervous and he was able to help carry the conversation without replying to the duo too much.