Overwhelmed-Lumine x Fem! Reader

@1uminesdullblade thank you for requesting, hopefully you enjoy<3

Summary: the reader comforts Lumine after being overworked and stressed all day.

——————————<3—————————

I was currently sat inside Lambad's Tavern with Kaveh and Alhaitham. Lumine has been doing jobs all day so I decided to get something to eat, both the guys wanting to tag along. However, while I ate, they just argued like an old married couple.

"Just admit it Kaveh, you know I'm right." Alhaitham spoke smugly, completely unbothered by the others huff of annoyance.

"You're not right!" Kaveh had his hands on his temples, clearly stressed.

"Oh yeah? Then where's your evidence to back it up?" Alhaitham was amused at how irritated the blonde man was getting.

"My evidence is that I made it up!" Kaveh held his middle finger up at the man, causing me to laugh.

My laugh made them both turn towards me, Alhaitham still looking amused while Kaveh's eyes were twitching.

Luckily, their attention was diverted when someone walked through the door. More specifically, someone's girlfriend. My girlfriend, Lumine.

She walked up to us with Paimon and waved.

"Ooo~ Y/n, whatcha eating?" Paimon was practically drooling at the food in front of me. I glanced at Lumine for a second and saw how stressed she looked.

"You can have it Paimon, I just need to go somewhere for a minute." Paimon's eyes sparkled as I spoke and she flew around in circles as I stood up.

"If you insist!" Paimon quickly took my seat and began inhaling the food like a vacuum. I smiled at her before turning to Kaveh and Alhaitham.

"Can you two watch Paimon for tonight? We'll get her in the morning." I gave them a sweet smile and the grey haired man nodded, the other just arguing more.

I smiled and turned back to Lumine.

"Can we go on a walk, love?" She spoke quietly, a forced smile visible on her face.

"Of course, let's go." I grabbed her hand, intertwining our fingers as we walked out the restaurant, the sounds of Paimon eating becoming more and more distant.

We walked around Sumeru city for a bit until we took a break on a bench. It really was a gorgeous city.

The view was amazing, it looked over the lake and you could see the greenery and trees all in the distance, the stars in the sky reflecting off the water.

"It's beautiful, isn't it." I looked up in awe, smiling before turning to Lumine, awaiting her answer.

"Just like you..." she spoke sweetly, causing me to smile widely. After a few minutes, I spoke up again.

"I'm sorry you've had a bad day, darling." I gave her a small, sad smile as I spoke and she was slightly taken aback at my words.

"How did you know?.." her voice faded off as her words turned sad.

"I can tell when you're upset, Lumine. I'm you're girlfriend after all." She smiled at my words.

"Yeah, I guess it was pretty obvious..." she turned her gaze back up to the stars, looking for different constellations that Mona had taught her of during her time in Mondstadt.

"Wanna talk about it? You know I'm always here." I followed her gaze and placed my hand on top of hers.

"I've just...been pretty overwhelmed lately. Quests and commissions keep flooding in and I know it's my job to do them all, it's what I'm known for, but sometimes I just need a break. People never seem to understand that..." I frowned as she spoke. It broke me that people always pushed her hard just because she was the legendary blonde traveler. Hero's still need breaks too.

"I'm sorry...how about I talk to Katherine and ask her to give you the week off. If you can handle one more day, I'll try my hardest to convince her." I looked at her softly. It was too late for the adventurers guild to be open right now so I'd have to ask tomorrow. I'd just have to hope Lumine could deal with the stress for one more day, even if I didn't want her to have too...

She turned towards me and smiled sweetly, staring into my eyes with pure love and adoration, chuckling.

"I love you so much, y'know that?"

"I do."

She cupped my face in her hands and kissed me. It was short, but it was still there and I loved it nonetheless.

After that, we walked hand in hand to a hotel, butterflies remaining in my stomach from the kiss. I bought us a room and we both headed up, Lumine jumping onto the bed almost immediately.

"I've waited for this all day." Her voice was a lot softer and less stressed now.

I walked up to her and lay on the bed too, hugging her. She turned to face me and lay her head on my chest, soon falling asleep from exhaustion.

I looked down at her, smiling. I really was lucky to have someone like her. She's been through so much and deserved a break.

I kissed her forehead sweetly and spoke to her sleeping body.

"I'll be with you forever, darling. From right now, until the day you find your brother and face off against the unknown God. I'll always be with you."

I gave her one last kiss and smiled.

"Sweet dreams, Lumine."

——————————<3—————————

sorry this one's short but I really like it! Lumine's so cute ajejdksbdakdjs

thank you once again @1uminesdullblade for requesting, I hoped you enjoyed it.

thank you all for reading, make sure you look after yourselves, I love you<33