SCARRED HEART ❤️‍🩹

It all started with, "I'll work late today honey," but before long, I hardly saw you at home. Then came the lipstick  stains on your shirts but you'd blow me off saying I was being paranoid. Later you changed the password to your phone, denying me access to your mischievousness. The evening fights became more often, not to mention, the suffocating loneliness. Sleeping in our bed knowing you are in another person's arms, felt like a knife stabbing my trusting heart. Deep down I knew you were covering something up, but I decided to bury my assumptions under your lies and watched as the once "True love" turned into "Hide and Seek". I should have listened to my friends; you weren't perfect from the very beginning. Like the rest, you were just toying with my feelings. What hurts more is, I had an idea of what was coming; what I was getting myself into but, like a fool, decided to look away; letting your disguise lead me astray. It is said love is blind and love is not a choice; but it breaks my heart even more, to know I chose to be blind. I chose this bitter fate, and now I have to stand its taste. I should have thought this through before falling for your traps; before falling for those deceitful eyes, light brown like quicksand. Can't even face my old friends, after this self-made scarred heart. I've fallen from my high shelf; I'm a broken masterpiece. I can't continue staying afloat, I'm a sinking cargo ship. Now it will never be the same and I doubt it will be made better by time. It's a self-earned heartbreak, tell me, how could it get worse than this? I wrote this future with my own hands, how could it possibly hurt more than this?
The greatest gift granted to us was LOVE; it heals all wounds and repels all evil. But it can also be a CURSE; it kills dreams, shutters hopes and destroys remorse. That's why I talk for the faint of heart when I say this out loud, 'Love is a gift to many, but a Curse to most.'