Hairdos and Tea

Momo lets out a frustrated huff, tugging at the ends of her hair. Uraraka and Mina sit on either side of her on the couch, while Hagakure holds up a mirror for Momo to further frown at her hair.

"Did you switch conditioners, maybe?" Uraraka asks, attempting to brush down the frizz of Momo's hair.

Momo shakes her head. "No, I haven't." Her frown deepens as she runs fingers through her hair, the frizz sticking up like stray trees in a burnt forest. She sighs. "My hair's just not cooperating with me today."

Mina wraps an arm around Momo, sympathetic. "Oh, don't worry, Momo. I'm sure we'll be able to figure something out! We could even try and w—"

Momo gasps as a warm hand suddenly yet gently grabs her hair. She tries to crane her head to see who it is when Hagakure solves the mystery for her.

"Bakugo? What're you doing to her?"

Oh, so it's Bakugo.

"Shaddup, Invisalign." There's a stretch of silence, then Bakugo's hand appears right past Momo's shoulder, gesturing to the hair tie on her wrist.

"Oh." She quickly takes it off, then places it in Bakugo's waiting palm. "There you go, Bakugo-san."

Bakugo gives a small noise of acknowledgement, then seems to pause.

"Ya got any more?" he asks.

Momo begins to shake her head when Mina pulls out a bag from her pocket. "I got the small clear ones."

"Hand 'em over."

Mina hands the bag over to Bakugo, who takes it silently then gestures to Uraraka for the hairbrush.

Bakugo quickly brushes through Momo's hair, then gathers it all in one fist and ties it up in her usual style—a high ponytail, with a thick strand of hair sticking out. The only difference is Bakugo thins the strand of hair that sticks out of the ponytail.

Bakugo's fingers dig into the ponytail, splitting into three even parts and brushing each of them. Mina and Ochako are leaning against the back of the couch, trying to get a better view of Bakugo's work.

Bakugo then takes one of the sections and braids it. His fingers are fast, nimble; expert-like, experienced.

Whose hair did Bakugo spend so much time braiding? Momo muses, trying to remember if Bakugo had even shown pictures of his mother. Maybe she had long hair—?

As Bakugo finishes the braid, he takes one of Mina's clear, stretchy elastics and ties off the braids. He doesn't hesitate with his movements, moving on to the next section of hair and braiding it with the same skill and ease, tying it off and repeating the action with the last section of hair. Before Momo can try to turn her head to take a look in the mirror at Bakugo's work, he tugs slightly at the braids, then proceeds to braid the three small braids into one big, thick braid.

"Oooooohhhh," Uraraka murmurs, as if suddenly understanding, "are you gonna wrap—"

Bakugo just hums, wrapping the thick braid in a circular motion around the ponytail tie, then tucking in the end of the mega-braid into the elastic holding the ponytail together.

Finally, Bakugo lets go, taking a step back.

"Did ya ever end up buying more of that maple & blueberry tea?" he asks, gesturing with his head towards the kitchen.

"Oh!" Momo's mind blanks for a second, processing Bakugo's question before rushing to answer, "Yeah, yes, I did. It should come in by tomorrow or Friday."

Bakugo nods (seemingly to himself), and lets out a low sound. "Aight." He walks off, heading towards the kitchen while waving two of his fingers in a salute. "Later, extras."

As Bakugo rounds the corner and disappears from sight, Momo quickly turns to take a proper look at Bakugo's handiwork. Her eyes widen as her and the other girls collectively gasp.

Hagakure squeals, the mirror bouncing up and down with her motion. "Oh my gosh, that's so cute! It goes so well with your face, you look adorable!"

Uraraka chuckles. "Who knew that Bakugo-kun was so talented at styling hair, am I right?"

"Right?!" Mina exclaims. "I'm thinking that his mom probably has long hair, and he's secretly a big old mama's boy."

Momo gives a little hum, then stands up.

"Oh, Momo?" Uraraka says, confusion clear in her voice. "Where are you—"

"I'll be back," Momo says, circling around the couch and heading towards the kitchen.

As she steps into the empty kitchen, she notes Bakugo cutting up a wide assortment of fruits—apples, pears, peaches, strawberries—and carefully placing them on a large serving platter.

Quietly, Momo opens one of the kitchen drawers, pulling out the smaller measuring utensils. She lifts the sleeve of her arm, concentrating as little jars filled with various colored powders fall out of her and into her waiting palm. She then opens the mug cabinet, pulling out Bakugo's—an old, worn green mug with a small chip on the handle. Momo lines up the little jars of powder, opening each one and carefully measuring out an amount, then dumping it in the mug. After she finishes, she turns on the kettle, patiently waiting for it to boil.

Ding!

Momo takes the kettle and sets it down by the mug, pulling out her phone and clicking on the unread notifications.

— 1A GANG —

Bakugo: There's cut up fruit in the kitchen. If y'all don't come down in five I'm fucking eating it all.

Kirishima: Awesome! Thanks Baku ^.^

Kaminari: SOMEONE HURRY N GET THE YUMS BE4 KACCHAN FUCKS IT UP

Bakugo: I'll fucking kill you.

Momo smiles, pouring the boiled water into the mug, then carefully mixing the water, watching as the powders swirl and dissolve, coloring the drink a dark, glistening honey color. Cradling the mug with both hands, she makes her way to the island, where Bakugo is sitting by the platter full of cut fruit and tossing grapes into his mouth.

"Bakugo-kun."

Bakugo turns to her. "Hm?"

She gestures to the mug in her hands. "Since you mentioned the maple & blueberry tea, I thought I'd make you a custom blend that I think you'll like. As a thank you."

Bakugo stares down at the cup, chewing much slower. He then swallows, carefully taking the cup from Momo. He adjusts his grip on the handle, then takes a slow sip.

Bakugo's eyes practically bulge out of his head with how wide they get. He looks over at Momo, mouth slightly agape.

"Holy shit."

Momo can't help the laugh that bursts out of her from Bakugo's reaction. It's unlike any of the faces Momo is used to seeing Bakugo wear.

"I'm hoping that's a good thing?"

Bakugo sets down the mug, trademark grin on his face as he starts putting fruits on a small plate. "I should do your hair for ya more fucking often, if this is what I'm gonna get as thanks." He then picks up the mug once more, taking another sip as he slides the small plate of fruits towards Momo. She smiles, taking the plate and holding it with both hands.

"Anytime, Bakugo."

-------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello, all! This fic will be 6 chapters long, and I'll be spacing out posting the chapters a couple hours apart (since I've already written the entire fic). I hope you enjoy <33