four

The summer of 2010... Camila and Lauren spent nearly every waking moment together, but since they had been playing together since they were small children, no one took any notice. Their experimental kissing at the beginning of the summer had quickly escalated from gentle touching to sexual fondling in a matter of weeks. At the 4th of July celebration, while their families were watching the neighborhood fireworks, Lauren and Camila were discovering fireworks of their own. That was the first time they performed oral sex on each other.

By the beginning of the last month of summer vacation, they thought they were ready for full blown sexual intercourse.

They met like they did every morning at Lauren's house. Her mom and dad were at work and Chris and her sister Taylor were out with friends so they were all alone as usual. Where as their previous fumbling's had taken place in the tree house, Lauren thought that was tacky for their 'first time', so they went to her room. She spent the morning cleaning it for her best friend. After a few tentative kisses, they slowly undressed each other and Lauren guided her back to lie on the bed.

Camila was so scared, she couldn't look at Lauren. "W-what about protection?"

"Condoms?" Camila nodded. "I-I don't have any, I-I mean... it would look weird for a thirteen-year-old girl to buy condoms... but don't worry. I'll ... uh ... pull out before ... you know..." Camila nodded again.

"'Kay." It was barely above a whisper.

Lauren kissed her again and settled on top; Camila's legs parted automatically when Lauren's weight pressed down on her.

Lauren shifted a little in preparation.

Camila was visibly shaking and had her eyes squeezed tightly shut.

"Camz...", Lauren whispered into her neck. "You're shaking. We don't have to..."

"No", Camila cut her off. "I-I want to... I really do." She opened her eyes to look at Lauren and nodded encouragingly.

They took the final step.

"Wow...", Lauren exhaled as she flopped down on the small twin bed beside her. She glanced over and noticed Camila hadn't moved. "It ... uh ... was over pretty fast. Sorry... you didn't ... uh ... finish."

"It's okay", she said quickly. Camila was staring up at the ceiling, marveling at the constellations so meticulously painted there. Someone, probably Mrs. Jauregui, had spent a lot time getting them just right.

"Hey, I didn't hurt you, did I?" Lauren propped herself up on one elbow to study her face.

"No." Camila was quick to assure her. "It was ... different ... is all, but it didn't hurt."

Lauren looked down at her stomach and chest and crinkled her nose. "Umm... sorry about the ... mess." Grabbing a handful of tissues from the box on her nightstand, Lauren started wiping up the pungent, milky substance. She looked up when she noticed that Camila had moved her hand up to her face. She was wiping away a tear and Lauren swallowed hard at the sight.

"Oh, Camz... I'm so sorry. I did hurt you, didn't I?"

To her surprise, Camila started laughing.

This was just what they needed to break the awkwardness of the situation.

"No, silly. That wasn't a tear. You've ... uh ... got quite a range."

"Ohhhh! God, that's really gross."

"Yeah, it is. I think there's some in my hair too."