fourteen

Lauren shut the front door to her house with a frown, confused as to what happened at the Cabello house. She tugged her beanie off and ran a hand through her messy hair, hearing the TV playing behind her. She turned and saw her younger brother laying on the couch watching CSI. The front door was right next to the open living room with the TV facing her. She watched silently as Justin Bieber was shot at multiple times before he fell to the ground and died.

Chris looked up and saw Lauren standing in the doorway staring at the screen. He raised an eyebrow and sat up, flicking the screen off as he stood. "How'd it go? Did you ask her?"

Lauren looked at him in confusion, rubbing her arm. "No.. I didn't get the chance. She's so mad at me. I have no idea why."

"Well did you ask why she was mad?"

"No, she kicked me out before I could."

Chris frowned as he crossed the living room floor and patted his sisters shoulder. "Well, there's always tomorrow. Maybe Dinah or Mani can get to the bottom of it."

"Yeah.. Sure." Lauren sighed, rubbing her eyes. "I'm gonna go to bed. Harper really tired me out."

"That kid is a riot." Chris chuckled as the siblings walked up the stairs together.

Lauren couldn't help but smile with a nod as she stood in front of her bedroom door. "Yeah. She's amazing. I love her so much."

"Good. You're a great mom, Laur." Chris said sincerely and softly, putting his hand back on her shoulder. "No matter what happens with you and Camila, don't let that kid suffer."

"I won't. Why would I?"

"Well.. We don't exactly have a great dad."

"Yeah, well I can assure you," Lauren stated solemnly and looked straight into her brothers eyes as she spoke with conviction, "I am not Michael Jauregui and I will not abandon my daughter or any other child I may bear with Camila, and I will work things out with her because Goddamnit I lost that girl once and I will not do it again."

xxxxxxx

Kendall sat on her bed smiling smugly to herself as she held onto the shirt Lauren had been wearing the night before, the reason Camila was angry with the green eyed brunette.

What actually happened was Kendall had called Lauren to come over because she had "forgotten" something at her house. Once arriving, she managed to kiss her and get her shirt off, leaving her in just a tank top, - of course Lauren became extremely angry and stormed off. Leaving the shirt. But this piece of fabric was all Kendall really needed to set her plan in motion.

She chuckled to herself proudly as she felt the cotton between her index finger in her thumb. The hurt puppy dog look on Camila's face that morning was absolutely priceless. All that needed to be done now was one little thing that would push her over the edge to never trust Lauren again.

And of course to get Lauren back.

xxxxxxx

Camila laid in bed staring at the ceiling late that night. She felt a few tears spring to her eyes at the thought of Lauren with Kendall.

How could she be so stupid? How could she believe that Lauren was genuine? She ditched her once, what made her think she wouldn't again?

Taking a slow deep breath, Camila slowly sat up and wiped her cheeks. She wasn't even remotely tired. Glancing at the time, she saw it was already one in the morning. She sighed and pushed the covers off before getting up and shuffling downstairs quietly to get something to eat.