#THIRTEEN

Abuja Maitama

Alhaji Ibrahim was taken to the hospital. Hajiya Khadija, Jannah and Aishatu were pacing impatiently in front of the ER.
the Doctor strides out of the ER after spending almost 3hrs treating Alhaji Ibrahim.

Doctor, how is my husband? Hajiya Khadija asks the Doctor worriedly.
are you his wife? The Doctor asks Hajiya Khadija.
Yes Doctor I'm his wife. Hajiya Khadija said impatiently.

Madam your husband got an arrhythmia attack and a stroke too.
we are able to give him the necessary medications to manage his arrhythmia.
I'm sorry but Your husband will need a wheelchair because he won't be able to work for a while and also his communication will be poor. The Doctor explained.

Ya Allah! Jannah za ki kashe baban ki (Jannah you want to kill your father) Hajiya Khadija cried out. She pivot her gaze to Jannah and slaps her hard.
If anything happen to my husband I will not spare you. Hajiya Khadija warned.

Mama, why are you blaming me? if anyone should be blamed it's both of us. Jannah snaps at her mother flicking back her tears.
this drama is not necessary now. let's go and check on Alhaji. Aisha said flicking back her tears too.

they walk to the ER and twist the doorknob then walk inside.
Alhaji I'm so sorry. Hajiya Khadija said holding her husband's hand.
I didn't mean to do this to you. Please open your eyes. Hajiya Khadija cried.
Jannah was standing by the door watching her mother. She also had tears in her eyes.

Aisha walks to Alhaji Ibrahim flicking back her tears.
don't you dare come near my husband!
what do you want? Oh, you come to spy on us to know if my husband is dead so that you will spread the news to the world that I and my daughter kill my husband. Hajiya Khadija said to Aishatu.

Aisha get out of here. My husband is not dead. Hajiya Khadija fired.
Aishatu keeps looking at Alhaji Ibrahim.
Aishatu nod her head and started walking out of the ER.
tears stream down Alhaji Ibrahim's cheek.

he open his eyes and watches Aisha leave the ER.
Alhaji I'm sorry. Hajiya Khadija said crying.
Alhaji Ibrahim was only staring at Hajiya Khadija and Jannah who stand by the door as if she is being forced to come to the hospital.

Guzape

Abbah please I don't want to go back to that company. Yusuf pleads with his father.
he goes on his kneel to plead with his father.
Alhaji Abdulmalik was surprised to see Yusuf kneeling in front of him.

Yusuf what happen? why don't you want to work in that company again? Yusuf IBS is my friend and he is a nice man. Alhaji Abdulmalik ask Yusuf.
Abbah" Yes he is nice but his daughter is the vicious one.
Abbah this girl has no respect for me or anyone in that company.

Abbah there is no day Jannah won't insult me or people working at her father's company.
Abbah that girl slap me twice but the second time she slap me I didn't spare her. I slap her back.
Abbah that girl jack me on my collar she almost tore my cloth but her father's secretary was there on time else Abbah I would have beaten her that day. Yusuf said tiredly.

Yusuf, have you forgotten you were also like Jannah in my company which is now Yours? Alhaji Abdulmalik said.
Abbah I'm now a change man.
Abbah wallahi Your son has changed for good. Yusuf said sincerely.

I know Son and I'm glad you have changed. Alhaji Abdulmalik said with a smile.
Yusuf, did her father know about her behaviour? Alhaji Abdulmalik ask Yusuf.

Abbah he knew about her behaviours. Abbah that man is tired of her obnoxious behaviour. Yusuf said with a sigh.
this is serious. Alhaji Abdulmalik said.
Yusuf you want to go back to Your company? Alhaji Abdulmalik asked.