Thirty Two

AbdulHamid and Aishatu walk to the car. I'm going to miss you. I wish your Dad will allow you stay here for the wedding. AbdulHamid muttered.
I will only spend three days with them and you will come and pick me up as your bride. Aishatu muttered with a smile.

Abdul, I don't know how my stepmom and grandma are going to treat us. I'm scared Grandma won't welcome Mama. Aishatu muttered with a sigh.
Don't be scared. You just have to endure whatever they did to you. You will just spend three days with them.
I have talked to Asiya, she will be with you. AbdulHamid muttered reassuringly.

Ishaq walks to them.
Are you ready? Ishaq asked Aishatu.
Yes, I am. Aishatu muttered.
Mama, we are waiting for you. Aishatu hollered.
Larai quickly stride out of her bedroom and walked to them.
AbdulHamid opened the door for her and she hopped in.

Aishatu also enter the car and waved at AbdulHamid.
Ishaq zoom out of the house immediately the gateman open the gate for him.

Sir, Your Dad is calling you. AbdulHamid heard Laila's voice.
Laila, I told you several times to stop calling me Sir. Call me Abdul that you used to call me. AbdulHamid muttered with a sigh.
Okay, I'll try. Laila muttered.

Alhaji, you have to send that woman out of this house if you want peace. Hajiya Khadija muttered.
Khadija, Halimah is not leaving this house.
This is my house and I decide who stays and who leaves.
If you are not comfortable with her staying in my house then you should leave. I'm not stopping you. Alhaji Ibrahim reverberates.

She will leave this house else there won't be peace in this house. Hajiya Khadija retorts.
If anything happens to Halimah I won't spare you. Alhaji Ibrahim muttered glaringly.
AbdulHamid heard everything.
This woman hates Mama so much. AbdulHamid muttered and knocked on the door.

Come in. Alhaji Ibrahim muttered.
AbdulHamid walks in.
Abbah, I will come back later. AbdulHamid muttered walking out to give them space.
No, Son. Let's go to the Garden. Alhaji Ibrahim held AbdulHamid back.

They Saunter out of the room leaving Hajiya Khadija fuming.
Alhaji Ibrahim and AbdulHamid reach downstairs and meet Jannah watching a movie.
Firdausi, you should be strong by now. Why didn't you go to work today? Alhaji Ibrahim muttered.

Why are you asking me that? As if you care. You are not my father so mind your business. It's my life and I choose how I want to leave it. I don't know why I'm still in this house. Jannah muttered eyeing Alhaji Ibrahim.
Jannah don't you dare talk to my father in that manner. AbdulHamid muttered.

What will you do if I talk to your feeble father in that manner? Jannah muttered.
AbdulHamid got angry and slapped Jannah twice.
If you don't want to stay then leave. This is my father's house, not yours and I will not tolerate you disrespecting him. AbdulHamid reverberate.

Alhaji Ibrahim tried all he could to stop AbdulHamid.
You two should stop all this nonsense. Alhaji Ibrahim fired.
Abdul, you are the eldest. Jannah is your younger sister. Alhaji Ibrahim muttered.
I'm sorry Abbah but she is not my sister and will never be. AbdulHamid muttered and Storm out of the living room.

Alhaji Ibrahim walks to the Garden.
Abbah, I'm sorry for what happened now. AbdulHamid muttered.
Alhaji Ibrahim ignored him and walked to the chair to sit down.
Abbah, I'm sorry. AbdulHamid muttered again following Alhaji Ibrahim.

It's okay. Alhaji Ibrahim muttered.
Thank you, Abbah. AbdulHamid muttered with a smile.
Abdul, you shouldn't have said that to her. That girl has no one but us. If she should leave this house where will she go to? She is used to the luxurious life if she leaves my house she will suffer.
Son, I want you to reduce your anger else it might end up ruining your reputation with your friends or close ones. Alhaji Ibrahim muttered.