Ponyboy - 'Studying'

⚠Warnings⚠ - None

Ponyboy and Y/n are supposed to be studying for their science test together but they get a little bit sidetracked...

Word Count - 1498

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・

Y/n's pov - 

"-ou get that?" I hear Pony's voice drift back into my ears as I come back to reality.

"Hmm?" I glance over at him sitting on his spinny chair. He was spinning side to side slowly. 

"Did you understand my explanation?" 

"Yes. Definitely... Absolutely." I say quickly. He gives me a questioning look. "Really? Then explain it back to me." I look down at the textbook hoping it'd give me some sort of clue but it didn't. "I- sorry..."

"It's fine Y/n..." He says reassuringly. 

"I'm so bad at focusing god dammit..." I say frustrated. I start hitting my head not too hard but hard enough to hopefully get something in my brain working. Ponyboy quickly pulls my fist away from my head and gently rubs his thumb across my knuckles. "You're gonna hurt yourself doing that..." 

"Yeah well, I need my brain to start working." I gently pull my hand back from him and put my head in my hands.

"That's not how you go about that..." 

"Well, do you have any better ideas Pony?" I say pulling my head out of my hands. I was frustrated with my brain. I mean so many people can focus easily and have no problems yet here I was finding it hard to focus. It didn't help that I was with Pony and I was making his studying harder for him. 

"Well, maybe I could help you relax which might help ground your brain?" He suggests. 

"You're real smart Pone y'know that?" He smiles and says thanks but quickly brushes it off. "What are some things that help you relax?"

"I-" I hesitate trying to think. "I mean obviously something like calming music but other than that... I don't really know... I don't ever try to relax... I just kind of become calmer than I was at some point... y'know?" Ponyboy nods. 

"You can try some things that relax me then. See if those work." I nod. Ponyboy stands up and walks over to his nightstand, turning on his radio. After turning on his radio, he changes stations until he finds a calm music station. I sway slightly and slowly side to side trying to really take in the music. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I jump. "Sorry!" Pony says quickly.

"It's okay... just spooked me for a second." I feel Pony's hand softly traveling up to my head. I shiver slightly from his touch. He tries to run his fingers through my hair not realizing I'd be hard since my hair was pulled back into a ponytail. I laugh and see his face slowly turn red. I pull my ponytail out and shake my head trying to fix my hair. Ponyboy runs his fingers through my hair gently getting any tangles out. I smile softly closing my eyes loving how it felt. I feel my tensed-up body loosen up. 

Ponyboy asks softly "Is this relaxing?" I nod. I couldn't see him but I knew he was smiling like an idiot. I smile softly at the imagery of him smiling widely. He continues to run his fingers through my hair. My head started to droop from the tranquility of the moment. I felt myself dozing off but I didn't try to stop it. I'd never felt so calm and relaxed so I wanted to stay in the moment even if that meant falling asleep.