Chapter 6

"You two... off."

When the two boys heard this their faces deflated with disappointment... "I understand Kagami... but why me?" Kuroko asked me as I just sighed. "Your misdirection won't last forever and we need you for the future so just sit down." I replied and patted his back as the game carried on.

"LET BE BACK ON I SWEAR I WON'T GET ANY MORE FOULS!" Kagami raged earning another earful from Riko "Can you just be patient or just forget about going in at all you underclassman. Know your place." Was all I said as he just went quiet and nodded before patting his face dry with a clean towel.

"Tetsuya you will be subbed in soon so rest up." I relayed the information I had prepared on my tablet as Kuroko nodded before taking a sip of water, "No problem."

---

"Player Substitution! " The ref called out from the side as kuroko made his way to the court, locking eyes with the other first year player. "Oh? Who are you?" Tsugawa questioned the blue haired boy.

"My name is Kuroko Tetsuya, we've played before..." Kuroko responded in a monotone voice, like normal. "Huuuhhh? Whatever I was hoping that you were going to sub in Kagami..." He pouted childishly causing Catharine to get a massive ick.

"Well he isn't playing so I am here to deliver you his payback." Kuroko stated confidently which earned a interested 'hm' from Tsugawa.

The Seiho first year didn't know what to think for a second, but it was clear as to what the phantom's intentions were when it came to the game, so Tsugawa knew he had to fight back against it in order to secure the win.

"Oh yeah? Here for payback, huh?" The shaved head first year chuckled at Kuroko's declaration.

This would be perfect for Tsugawa. There would be no trouble in going against Kuroko, all he had to do was keep an eye on him so that the ball wouldn't be smacked out of his hands like before.

"Hey, Omuro! Would you mind if I switched up my mark?" The Seiho first year asked his upperclassman, who seemed confused by the sudden request. 

"Uhm okay? But why would you want to switch marks?" His upperclassmen asked with a questionable gaze, "Well, looks like I gotta proxy over here demanding his payment." Tsugawa chuckled as his upperclassman just sighed.

With that being said, the fourth quarter of the game began, the crowds cheering, and the score now 58 to 64 for Seiho. Back at Seirin's side of the court, Catherine and Furihata were tending to a tired and sore Koganei as the second year laid down on a mat that the blonde haired girl had placed down in order to make him more comfortable.

Luckily, she knew his concussion wasn't bad, so the cat faced player just needed some rest as she placed an ice pack wrapped in a towel on his forehead, and another cooled one on his chest as Furihata fanned Koganei with the paper fan that belonged to Catherine.

Checking him over once more, Catherine felt satisfied with her work, nodding to herself before letting her helper know that he could fan him for another minute or two before returning to her spot next to Kagami, and snapping her attention back to the game before her.

"I'm kinda surprised your coach decided to put you out here instead of Kagami. But for them to send a first year out here at all gives the impression that Seirin's upperclassmen aren't so dependable," Tsugawa told his mark.

As Kuroko looked back towards the boy, now Catherine, who was on the bench was a little less than impressed with that statement, her eye beginning to twitch with irritation as she leaned forward with her elbow on her knees, her chin resting against her fist as she continued to listen to the Seiho first year smack talk.

Staying silent for a moment, Kuroko stayed calm at the statements that the opponent before him was making, and decided to make a statement of his own.

"I'm in the game because I asked to be put in. And besides, if you've been paying attention, there's no way you'd believe that," the phantom declared. Hearing their conversation continue, Catherine smiled into her palm. She had a feeling Kuroko would say something like that. Noticing her irritation from earlier, Riko decided to suggest something that might help Seirin, even though she didn't want to push it.

Both the prodigy and the miracle had the same reason when it came to winning the game against Seiho. It had been obvious since the very beginning as Kagami recalled how the two looked at each other before the game even began.

But Riko couldn't help but to smile at Catherine's wish to keep Kuroko on the court till the very end to show that Seiho twat who they were underestimating and disrespecting.

---

And here it was the last 10 seconds on the board... and Catherine's gaze is staring intently at the blue haired boy who was passed the ball but just as he was about to misdirect the ball that Seiho q-tip looking boy appeared out of nowhere to intercept.

But luckily for them Kuroko was quick to notice and intentionally miss the ball causing Catherine to abruptly stand up with shock thinking he just fumbled the chance to score the last shot. 'NOOO! This isn't how I wanted my first and last inter-high in japan to end!' She mentally cried in distain but only for her eyes to widen at Kuroko.

He had hit the ball in a different trajectory! The ball landed in Junpei's hands as he took the final shot of the game. *SWISH* the shot went in, nothing but net as the buzzer sirened throughout the sports centre.

With the finishing score of 73-71...

..

.

They had beat Seiho by a whopping 2 points.